Global Communities’ current programming in Yemen includes the Continued Recovery, Emergency Assistance and Training Engagement in Yemen (CREATE Yemen) Program; Integrated Modalities to Promote Agriculture Cash for Work and Training (IMPACT); and Yemen Emergency Food Assistance (YEFA) projects in Yemen.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (M&E Manager) will oversee Global Communities Yemen’s M&E system procedures and systems, including designing and implementing program-specific M&E plans, training local M&E staff on monitoring procedures and tools, and building the capacity of local Global Communities’ M&E staff to conduct program monitoring and evaluation in line with donor requirements.
The M&E Manager will collaborate with the Yemen Country Director and the Department of Humanitarian Assistance (HA) in the ongoing development of an overall program monitoring strategy for Yemen.
This position will be based in either Global Communities’ office in Sana’a or Aden, Yemen, with travel to the other major Global Communities’ offices in-country as appropriate. This position reports to the Yemen Country Director. This is an unaccompanied post.
- Lead the development and implementation of program-specific M&E plans, including data entry, storage, security, and reporting.
- Review monitoring data collected to date, improve quality; collaborate with local staff to correct any identified deficiencies and take lead in developing and regularly updating online data management system and live dashboards.
- Guide staff in the preparation, revision and implementation of a regular monitoring site-visit schedule and provide training to staff on M&E tools and techniques.
- Analyze data and results of monitoring and evaluation activities; engage in discussions with the Country Director and technical staff about findings, including providing recommendations on adjustments to programming if needed.
- Design and conduct program assessments, surveys and case studies, as required.
- Contribute to work plans, donor reports, success stories and other deliverables.
- Review sub-grantee M&E plans as required; advise sub-grantees on the development of indicators, data collection methodologies, data quality assurance, and indicator reporting.
- Directly manage a team of approximately five local national staff.
- Ensure the incorporation of USAID policy and humanitarian principles into M&E plans and activities and Initiate Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) approach of USAID for learning and program improvement.
- Develop and implement Beneficiary Feed Back Mechanism and maintain and manage online platform.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Experience designing M&E systems, indicators and monitoring plans and online data collection and management systems.
- Prior experience in remote management or remote M&E.
- Proficient in USAID regulations; prior experience working on USAID-funded programs.
- Experience working with local national staff and building local capacity.
- Prior experience in the MENA region, and in Yemen desirable.
- Fluency in English; working knowledge of Arabic highly desirable.
- A Master’s degree in relevant discipline and a minimum of 5 years of Monitoring & Evaluation experience or a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline and a minimum of 5-10 years of relevant work experience, with at least three years of Monitoring & Evaluation experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Past work with international donor funded programs preferred.