Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in Kenya. Our mission is to timely, effectively and innovatively deliver humanitarian services with respect, in solidarity and accountability to our stakeholders, our communities and affected populations.
KRCS is seeking a qualified person for the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Lead for an anticipated 5-year USAID Food For Peace (FFP) Development Food Security Activities (DFSA) in Kenya. The project focuses on sustainably reducing levels of acute malnutrition in Kenya’s arid and semi-arid lands (ASALs), in Isiolo, Marsabit, Samburu and Turkana counties. The project will be implemented in two phases, from October 2019 to September 2025; (1) Phase 1 will focus on researching, testing approaches and collaboratively designing a context-sensitive, multi-sectoral activity to sustainably reduce acute malnutrition; and (2) Phase 2 will focus on activity implementation and system and institutional strengthening to manage nutrition interventions. KRCS will be putting in an application in response to the FFP DFSA request for applications in collaboration with other consortium partners.
Position Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Lead
Reporting to: Chief Of Party
Job Location: Nairobi
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the M&E Lead, will provide leadership and coordinate generation and analysis of quality evidence and data through monitoring, assessments, and evaluations. S/he will lead design and development of monitoring systems, conduct data assurance and effectively promote evidence-based program management
- Provide technical leadership for M&E to the project team to ensure USAID and Food for Peace M&E requirements are met
- Guide data collection, management of the data, and display of the results including reporting and dissemination
- Capacity build the M&E and technical staff including from Local Implementing partners and ensuring compliance on donor requirements
- Design and lead implementation of the efficient and accurate data collection system that includes efficient processes for collecting data and ensuring data quality
- Provide oversight of the M&E database, using it to track progress and trends, generate reports, and conduct data quality checks.
- Coordinate and facilitate the refinement of the Theory of Change, logical framework, and food security and nutrition indicators
- Supervise M&E staff and oversee implementation of all M&E activities, including annual surveys, case studies, and stakeholder workshops to refine approaches
- Build and/ or strengthen monitoring systems, quantitative and qualitative analysis, survey and sample design and effectively promoting evidence-based program management
- Oversee strengthening of M&E capacity of local organizations
- Lead the project in establishing performance measures, collecting and analyzing performance information, planning and managing evaluations and assisting the project management in using the performance information for decision-making including budget reviews and resource allocation.
- Coordinate the creation and review of the Program, Design and Learning budget to provide adequate financial resources for evaluations, special studies and assessments.
- Provide input into the design, implementation and dissemination of evaluations, special studies and assessments.
- Coordinate the creation of the project Performance Monitoring Plan including assessing the validity of the information and indicators that contribute to that plan.
- Assist the MEAL Teams to select data collection methods for adequate monitoring and evaluation of implementing partners’ performance and of the project as a whole
- Coordinate the regular review of progress towards achieving project objective’s program reviews, portfolio reviews or other processes.
- Encourage the use of performance information in resource allocation decisions by project.
- Seek ways to streamline the process and increase efficiency in gathering and using performance information.
- Work as a Point of Contact for Evaluation in the Mission and provide guidance to technical teams on issues related to monitoring and evaluation.
- Manage evaluation contracts and agreements.DESIRED COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrated experience in leading the M&E of a large and complex program required
- Experience and expertise in developing and operationalizing comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plans
- Knowledge of Theory of Change, logic model, food and nutrition security indicators required
- Demonstrated experience in data quality assurance, data utilization, and gender integration into
- In-depth understanding of food security programming
- Strong management and interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong mentoring and facilitation skills
- Ability to network and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders Experience working in low resource environments.
- Demonstrated experience in adaptive management and learning techniques is highly encouraged
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence and interface with senior members of the business/Society
- Self-motivation and strong team spirit
- Ability to effectively handle and manage interpersonal conflict.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as economics, agricultural/development economics, statistics, biostatistics; nutrition, applied sociology, anthropology, or other relevant subjects
- 8 years’ relevant work experience in a senior Monitoring and Evaluation Position
- Significant training in quantitative methods required
- or a PhD in any of the stated field of study above, with at least six years’ relevant work experienceInterested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to Kenya Red Cross Society Nairobi Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- NB: Please note that applications shall be reviewed on a rolling basis until Friday 3rd May 2019.
- P.O. Box 40712-00100,
- The Secretary General
- email@example.com or drop their applications addressed as below, so as to reach us not later than Friday, 3rd May 2019;
- Application Procedure
Job disclaimer and notification:
Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.