The Monitoring & Evaluation Co-ordinator will be based in the London Internews office reporting to the Director of Programmes, Europe as part of a global team with colleagues around the world.
The M&E Co-ordinator is responsible for providing technical support to a defined portfolio of projects, supporting project teams to develop and implement effective M&E plans. S/he will work closely with programme and development teams to produce successful proposals for projects in the portfolio, by supporting Theory of Change, logframes, M&E plans. S/he supports the start-up of all new projects in the portfolio, ensuring the use and adaptation of relevant tools and templates and providing training and guidance to project teams during start-up. S/he provides ongoing support where needed throughout the M&E lifecycle of projects.
In addition to supporting a dedicated portfolio of projects, the M&E Co-ordinator will also contribute to the global work of the M&E team, acting as a focal point for ensuring learning from M&E is shared globally and helping establish relevant global tools, methodologies and approaches and training tools to use them.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support programme and development teams to produce high quality M&E frameworks and plans, providing input during design and business development processes of all projects in the allocated portfolio
- Work closely with project directors during start-up phases of new projects to support the design of M&E plans, in particular ensuring that projects establish baseline data at the outset where relevant;
- Provide M&E training to project colleagues in the field or at HQ in agreement with supervisor and to partners in agreement with project directors/country directors
- Provide support and quality review to M&E activities throughout the implementation phases of projects as agreed with the managers, including through ensuring understanding and uptake of appropriate Internews-adapted or standardised tools and methodologies and quality review of data generated by M&E.
- Support project reporting processes and lead or oversee generation of cross-programmatic reports based on M&E data
- Lead or provide technical support to internal or external evaluations needed by other project portfolios, in agreement with the supervisor
- Act as one focal point in Internews for co-ordinating or supporting cross-programme learning based on M&E conducted in the portfolio
- Provide surge support to other M&E activities to other portfolios as needed and directed by supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each necessary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and / or ability required.
- Experience of designing and implementing M&E in an international development, human rights or media development organisation
- Demonstrable experience in selecting and implementing wide range of M&E tools, and in the use of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies used in M&E
- Experience in the use of Theory of Change
- Experience of supporting and/or capacity building programme teams or partners, including in the field
- Knowledge of M&E in a context relevant to Internews work
- Experience of supporting, commissioning or conducting diverse types of evaluations
- Excellent skills in working with and engaging a wide range of internal stakeholders;
- Excellent understanding of data capture, storage
- Strong critical thinking and report writing skills;
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- Global language skills – French, Arabic, Russian an advantage;
- Experience of being based in a country relevant to Internews’ work.
- Participation in professional bodies and groups relevant to M&E
- Experience of participatory M&E methodologies