With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
The Moms Clean Air Force Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and field activities to increase the visibility and effectiveness of the Moms Clean Air Force. The Program Coordinator will coordinate events, special projects, field campaigns, vendor payments, contracts, finances, and participates in strategic planning discussions.
- Coordinate special projects, events and campaigns for the field program
- Apply excellent organizational, communication and planning skills to support field consultants and management staff
- Manage administrative tasks associated with staff including logistics, office needs, and communications. Responsible for organizing online shared administrative resources.
- Perform research and analytics as needed to support ongoing projects or to evaluate new project ideas or strategies
- Manage the inventory and distribution of materials used in the field and at major national events
- Assist with booking travel and handling logistics requests for conferences and meetings.
- Coordinate with the senior business manager and financial analyst on administering contractual agreements for consultants. Ensure that invoices are submitted and paid on time
- Support virtual and in-person presentations, webinars, panels, and other events
- Participate in planning calls including note taking and agenda management
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- Additional relevant duties as assigned
- High School diploma and at least four years of relevant experience. A Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of relevant experience is preferred
- Basic knowledge of environmental issues
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Exceptional organizational and record keeping skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Has independent judgment to make decisions on work activities, including identifying and recommending action steps
- Capable of representing Moms Clean Air Force accurately and confidentially when addressing inquiries
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills and ability to analyze data and report results, impacts and inconsistencies
- Flexible and able to adapt to frequent change and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines
- Strong computer proficiency, including experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Docs, and internet research
- Demonstrate self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Occasional evening and weekend work
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any oher basis prohibited by law.