With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
The Moms Clean Air Force Field [Project] Manager works with field consultants to implement the organization’s campaign agenda in states. This position recruits, trains, supports and manages field consultants in states to engage on campaigns and initiatives that furthers the organizations goals to equitably protect children’s health from air pollution, climate change and toxic chemicals. The Field [Project] Manager will report to the National Field Manager of Moms Clean Air Force.
- In coordination with the National Field Manager, support and manage a portfolio of field consultants to develop and execute issue-based campaigns
- Develop work plans for consultants to successfully meet appropriate metrics
- Support field consultants to increase visibility of organization and issues through traditional media, social media, and grassroots outreach
- Manage and support field consultants with the design and execution of activities such as press conferences, lobby days, rallies, public hearings, meetings and more to mobilize membership in support of key policy priorities
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with volunteers, NGOs, government agencies, policymakers and influential thought leaders
- Represent the organization at key advocacy and stakeholder and leadership forums.
- Schedule and maintain regular staff and individual calls with field consultants, volunteers, and key partners
- Compile and coordinate reports of field activities for National Field Manager and other core staff members.
- Provide advice and contribute to Moms Clean Air Force’s strategy on working with diverse communities
- Participates in advancing DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with Moms Clean Air Force values.
- Additional relevant duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with four years relevant professional experience or advanced degree with two or more years relevant professional experience in campaign project management, policy, or field organizing
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with numerous team members in a fast-paced environment while working collaboratively across multiple programs
- Ability to work independently as needed, using judgment to manage and organize multiple tasks to completion
- Strong project management skills, organizational abilities, and attention to detail
- Flexible and able to adapt to frequent change and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to inspire and motivate others
- Experience with communications through traditional media, social media, and grassroots outreach
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency, inclusivity, and ability to work with others across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Bilingual in Spanish and English helpful
- Some evening and weekend work
- Occasional overnight travel (when appropriate)
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.