The Christian Reformed Church in North America has two part-time (20 hrs/wk) position openings with Pastor Church Resources:
Ministry Vocational Consultant (20 hrs/wk) – This position will oversee the Ministry Assessment Ministry which includes providing consultation in Vocational Ministry Assessments, directing pastors and ministry leaders to appropriate assessment processes, providing pastoral care for those seeking assessments due to a challenging situation, and promoting the use of assessments to CRCNA ministries and institutions. (See full description below); and
Women’s Leadership Developer (20 hrs/wk) – This position will assist congregations in the CRCNA to develop a deeper understanding of ways in which God has gifted women to serve in fulfilling the ministries and mission of the Church and to help women flourish as leaders at all ages and levels – local, regional, denominational – in a supportive environment, fully using their gifts and talents in fruitful ministry. (See the full description here).
Both positions can be located in the Grand Rapids, MI office, OR the Burlington, ON office OR can be remote with applicants residing anywhere in Canada or the United States. We are open to having one person fill both positions. If you’re interested in both positions, please complete one application, submitting a resume and two separate cover letters outlining your experience, skills & qualifications for one or both positions by August 14, 2020.
1. Counsel pastors and ministry leaders (clients) through assessment processes—ensuring confidentiality.
2. Pastorally respond to clients who are experiencing challenging vocational situations.
3. Consult with clients taking the Birkman Assessment. Interpret Birkman assessments for clients as needed and requested.
4. Research and identify new assessments to recommend to clients.
5. Recommend follow-up services most effective for addressing client’s needs with sensitivity to each client’s context, experience, aptitude, and areas of interest.
6. Collaborate and develop assessment processes with CRCNA ministries and institutions.
7. Promote and market Vocational Ministry Assessments with particular recognition of developmental milestones and critical career transitions.
8. Develop procedures for assessing the vocational development needs and plans of pastors and others exploring ministry careers or career changes.
9. Maintain relationships with third party assessment providers, manage relevant contracts, and explore additional provider opportunities.
Fulfill additional responsibilities as may be assigned by the Co-Director of PCR.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Proven pastoral care skills.
2. Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both oral and written manner.
3. Recognized reputation for integrity, trust, and confidentiality.
4. Demonstrated entrepreneurial capacity.
5. Demonstrated sensitivity to, and capability to work with, individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
6. Demonstrated ability to organize work flow, set priorities, effectively manage one’s own time, and willingly serve others.
7. Demonstrated intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, virtual meetings, etc.
8. A commitment to Christ and the mission of the church, a desire to serve the CRC and its ministries.
9. Willingness and ability to travel.
1. Master of Divinity degree and ordination required.
2. At least five years of experience in congregational ministry required.
3. Birkman Certification preferred.
4. At least two years’ experience with assessments preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.