Social Impact is seeking a Mid-Level Media and Disinformation Specialist for the Evaluation of ECA’s Countering Disinformation Programming. The position does not require travel. The candidate is expected to be available for the entire eight-month period of performance.
- Contribute the overall drafting of the evaluation design to ensure suitability for media disinformation programming.
- Participate in the development and administration of data collection instruments, including a potential knowledge and skill assessment around media literacy and identifying disinformation.
- Analyze the data with input from team members to draft the final evaluation report and other deliverables.
Most work for this position is expected to take place in the early part of the evaluation (approximately July-September), as well as additional support on a more limited basis from November-January.
- Minimum of a doctorate with four years of experience, master’s degree with five years of experience or bachelor’s degree with eight years of experience.
- Prior experience evaluating or assessing media disinformation programming required, including experience developing assessment tools for knowledge and skill acquisition.
- Familiarity with media literacy programs required.
- Relevant prior experience in any of the two regions the program operates in (i.e., Europe/Eurasia and Central Asia).
- Ability to analyze quantitative data and strong qualitative analytical capabilities with a preference for experience with virtual data collection.
- Prior experience working with international exchange programs preferred.
- Familiarity with complexity-aware methodologies preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.