- Refining and maintaining a dynamic monitoring, evaluation, and learning system for the initiative;
- Designing fit-for-purpose independent evaluations to assess, among other things, the impact and/or influence of particular interventions;
- Collecting timely feedback, especially from customers/end-users; and
- Facilitating learning and knowledge sharing, internally with the initiative team, across the various geographies, and externally with the field.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the creation and maintenance of a dynamic monitoring, evaluation, and learning system for the initiative by putting in place the frameworks, processes, tools and systems to collect, manage, and make sense of information, and to track progress throughout the initiative’s lifecycle. Duties may include developing/refining the initiative’s theory of change, learning questions, and evidence agenda; refining/expanding its measurement system; and setting up a user-friendly M&E information management system.
- Support the design approaches for fit-for-purpose independent evaluations to assess, among other things, the influence or impact of the programmatic work/strategic levers. This will include designing an impact evaluation plan (including designing/conducting a baseline study for key outcome variables in select geographies; and developing approaches for a developmental evaluation and rapid assessments.
- Support the collection of timely customer/end-user feedback. This will include applying tech-enabled approaches to collect and analyze timely data and gather intelligence from key stakeholders; and establishing feedback loops to facilitate internal and external strategic learning and knowledge sharing.
- Facilitate strategic learning and knowledge sharing internally and externally through analyses and sense-making around data and evidence; the enabling of team cross-learning, and the capturing and sharing of lessons learned and evidence for maximum impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
- At least five years of proven work experience in the field of MEL with skills in impact evaluations and rapid assessments.
- Experience embedding an equity focus into evaluation work, focusing particularly on outcomes for women, girls, and other vulnerable or marginalized groups.
- Experience working on Energy Sector assignments preferred but not required.
- Ability to navigate complex and fast-moving projects. Willingness to adjust as necessary, especially for early-stage, programmatic work.
- Ability to engage stakeholders at all levels – from rural customers to government officials. Willingness to collaborate with specialists or subcontractors as needed.
- Ability to meet deadlines, stay on budget, and communicate effectively with stakeholders.