As a Mid-Level Development Officer, your purpose is to increase donation revenue for World Renew by initiating, developing, and sustaining positive and mutually-beneficial relationships with a designated group of assigned Mid-Level Donors (annual giving of between $1000-$5000).
You will execute the Mid-Level Donor Program, including implementing a defined donor engagement and communication plan under the supervision of the Donor Relations Director, to achieve annual cultivation, solicitation, and revenue targets.
The application deadline is March 22, 2020.
SCOPE and TARGETS:
1. Manage 1,000–1,200 donors
2. By engaging the entire list, identify and cultivate the top 100 donors most likely to respond to personal engagement and establish and nurture a one-to-one personal connection with them for the purpose and goal to move them from Mid-Level to Major Giving.
3. Re-Populate the Mid-Level Donor profile through the identification of new donors through the Marcom Mass Donor strategies.
4. Ensure all donors on your file receive enhanced and more personalized offers and supportive communications
5. Achieve a target revenue of $2.5 million annually
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and ACTIVITIES:
1. Plan and implement moves management strategies to ensure assigned Mid-Level Donors are cultivated toward their full giving potential
2. Focus on securing support for the identified priorities of World Renew
3. Reach targeted monthly, quarterly, and annual cultivation, solicitation, and revenue goals
4. Manage account list of all donors and execute communication strategy for donor engagement
5. Ensure strategic contact plans are in place and implemented for your top-tier donors
6. Call and email donors for special projects (event invites, securing updated information, pledge follow up, etc.)
7. Implement an outbound communication plan for donors, ensuring an appropriate number of planned communications per hour/day/week/month to reach target goals
8. Understand, assess, and track donors
a. Research individual donor type, history, including donation potential and relevant social/demographic information to develop a comprehensive donor profile
b. Maintain regular and accurate donor communication and revenue reporting in Donor Management System
c. Collaborate with Mass and Major Donor programs on donor migration
d. Identify potential Major Donors and planned gift prospects to the organization
9. Learn about our work in depth, and actively stay abreast of program activity in relation to donor interests in order to provide relevant and meaningful information or arrange referrals/appointments with program experts where required
10. Collaborate with your team members to elevate performance across the board
11. Collaborate with your team to identify and refine best practices
12. Professionally represent World Renew and its core values, in all forms of communication
13. Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated commitment to contribute to and promote a work environment that values diversity, inclusion and equity.
- Committed to working towards gender equality, equity and justice in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure.
- Willingness to be coached/trained
- Strong professional customer service orientation
- Skillful communicator, able to establish relationships over the phone and via email
- Demonstrated ability to stay focused and committed while cultivating ‘slow to develop’ relationships
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, setting own daily agenda of planned communication
- Strong writing, time management, planning, and organizational skills, with an emphasis on detail and accuracy
- Understanding of, and strong commitment to, (organization’s) mission, vision, values, and value proposition
- High level of personal and professional integrity, including the ability to maintain confidentiality regarding donor profiles and personal information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite/Outlook 365
- Subscription to and integration of (codes of conduct, core values, statement of faith, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is required
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience in an advancement, fundraising, or donor engagement capacity is required
Must be fluent in English and able to communicate effectively and convincingly both verbally and in writing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Travel within a specified region as well as attend occasional meetings in other parts of the United States and Canada is required. Occasional international may be required.
This position will be based in an office in Burlington, Ontario. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasional international travel to destinations with rough terrain, unreliable access to water and electricity and increased exposure to illness.