In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives.
**Please note: Only citizens of Pakistan are eligible for this position. **
MSI is seeking several long-term mid-level and senior Evaluation Specialists to support the extensive evaluation work MSI will conduct under the PERFORM contract. Evaluation Specialists will be assigned to PERFORM’s evaluation and assessment unit. The positions will provide a unique opportunity for motivated individuals to gain a wide range of experience in all aspects of evaluation planning and implementation with a leader in the evaluation field. Evaluations under the PERFORM mechanism will cover USAID/Pakistan’s large and diverse portfolio in energy, economic growth, agriculture, governance, education and health. Candidates for the position should be able to demonstrate experience with and commitment to evaluation, be able to work in a variety of roles to support evaluations and the broader learning objectives of PERFORM. Successful applicants will work under the direction of the Evaluation and Assessments Advisor and Team Lead. S/he will guide and/or participate in evaluation planning, including developing data collection and analysis plans; data collection tools; collecting and analyzing data; preparing findings, conclusions and recommendations; debriefing USAID/Pakistan technical teams; and participating in research and data analysis to support broader learning and adaptation processes.
This is a full-time position based in Islamabad, Pakistan. It is expected to begin immediately and last through April 2020. MSI will determine whether candidates are best suited to the Senior Evaluation Specialist or Evaluation Specialist position based on qualifications and experience. However, those who prove themselves will have opportunities to advance.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of specific USAID/Pakistan programs and Development Objectives (DO) and work closely with USAID/Pakistan technical offices and DO teams.
- Interact with USAID and other PERFORM staff to review assignment statements of work (SOWs) to design evaluations, assessments, and special studies.
- Develop Assignment Work Plans (AWPs) in accordance with PERFORM requirements and USAID’s Evaluation Policy, its operational guidelines and MSI standards.
- Develop SOWs for assignment consultants, and work with PERFORM’s Human Resources team to identify, interview and select suitable short-term evaluation or assessment team members.
- Whenever required as part of an evaluation/assessment, develop SOWs for outsourcing sample surveys and qualitative research to local subcontractors and supervise the sub-contractor’s work to ensure the satisfactory completion of the task and delivery of high quality deliverables.
- Assist in the development of the data collection methodology, data collection instruments, data analysis and tabulation plans, sample frameworks, and data collection plans and schedules.
- Ensure the quality of work of evaluation or assessment teams and report regularly on the timely and satisfactory completion of evaluations/assessment and studies.
- Participate as a team member on evaluations, assessments and studies, including data collection and analysis.
- Lead and participate in interim and final debriefing sessions with USAID/Pakistan, including the production of supporting materials such as hand-outs and power-point presentations.
- Participate in activities to ensure evaluation and assessment data and information contributes to USAID/Pakistan’s learning and adapting process.
- Collaborate with other technical units of PERFORM as necessary to complete assignments.
- Other duties, as necessary and assigned by the Evaluation/Assessments Advisor and Team Lead and Chief of Party.
- Participate in activities to ensure performance monitoring data and information contributes to USAID/Pakistan’s learning and adaptive processes.
- At least a Master’s degree in economics, statistics, business or public administration, public policy, social sciences, or other relevant fields. Exceptional candidates with other degrees will also be considered.
- Advanced social science research skills and statistics including fluency in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Minimum five (5) years of diverse experience in the field of development, including socio-economic research and/or M&E in donor-assisted projects.
- Experience conducting evaluations or participating on evaluation teams.
- Demonstrated project or team management ability.
- Excellent analytical, English language verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player with client-oriented skills.
- Experience working in complex environments.
*Position will be filled on a rolling basis*