* NOTE * – This is a consultant position for a duration of 12 months only.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH invites application for the position of Microbiologist based in Colombo, Sri Lanka, who will perform the following roles and responsibilities under the guidance of the Global Project Director and in close collaboration with PATH headquarters (HQ). This recruitment is in anticipation of a 2-year Fleming Fund antimicrobial resistance (AMR) project.
The Microbiologist shall be working with the Project team of PATH. He/she will be responsible for project management, planning and supporting the concerned states and sites to ensure the smooth implementation of project:
- Providing technical support to assist the labs in expansion of lab, finalization of equipment list
- Supporting PATH and the sites in planning of diagnostic services, reagent, consumable requirements
- Support PATH and sites in SOP development related to receiving, analysis and reporting of samples as well as establishment and implementation of a quality management system (QMS)
- Support sites in establishment of sample transport pathway
- Support in establishment of biorepository of samples including SOPs, inventory and planning for archiving and retrieval of samples
- As integral part of the PATH technical team, provide on-going technical assistance, training and monitoring of selected labs. This includes:
- Onsite work: Periodic QC/Monitoring visits to the designated lab(s) to check procedures are performed according to Protocol/Study Lab Manual/related guidelines and results are sound, and to review QC documentation as well as study files
- Remote work: continuous lab support during the course of the study, write visit reports, follow-up with lab to ensure action items are completed, participation in PATH calls as required and training activities led by the sponsor etc
- Any other responsibilities as identified from time to time