Social Impact, Inc. (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI leads a Developmental Evaluation (DE) of USAID Jalin, a maternal and newborn health (MNH) project. The DE is a three-year innovative process that provides learning and adaptive management support to USAID Jalin, and USAID/Indonesia to design and adapt programming. The DE will provide support for the Ministry of Health (MOH) Family Health Directorate (KESGA) to conduct monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of national programs supported by USAID. Activities will include monitoring the implementation of the MOH’s Hospital Mentoring Program which is focused on three governance improvements at the district hospitals/RSUD namely: clinical governance, hospital governance; and program governance.
The DE seeks a consultant to support its assessment of the Hospital Mentoring Program including contributing to the study’s protocol, research questions, and instruments. The consultant will also lead the analysis of data collected through a survey and key informant interviews (KIIs) to formulate findings, conclusions, and recommendations for the MOH, USAID, and key stakeholders. The consultant will work closely with the DE team, including the MNH Evaluation Specialist to whom they will report, and the Senior Technical Specialist to whom they will coordinate on related tasks.
In close consultation and collaboration with DE team members, the consultant will support the DE with the following tasks:
- Review and finalize the DE’s Hospital Mentoring Assessment Protocol in coordination with stakeholders and the MOH. The DE has drafted the initial protocol.
- Support the development of a quantitative survey questionnaire for respondents from mentor hospitals, mentee hospitals, and Provincial and District Health Offices (PHOs and DHOs).
- Support the design of a qualitative KII questionnaire for a sample of the National Task Force / Satgas Hospital Mentoring, mentor hospitals, mentee hospitals, and PHOs and DHOs.
- Analyze survey and KII data and derive insights, such as summarizing and categorizing information, identifying patterns and themes in qualitative data, and contributing to descriptive and inferential statistical analysis for quantitative data.
- Based on data analysis, formulate key findings and conclusions, and develop recommendations accordingly for reports and presentations to USAID and the MOH.
Period of Performance:
The period of performance for this consultancy is from March – June 2021. No travel is anticipated for this assignment, and the consultant is expected to adhere to any social distancing and other precautions associated with the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) put in place by Social Impact, Inc., the Government of Indonesia, and USAID.
Level of Effort:
The anticipated level of effort (LOE) for this position is 40 workdays with a five-day work week scheduled as follows:
- March 2021: 10 days LOE
- April 2021: 10 days LOE
- May 2021: 10 days LOE
- June 2021: 10 days LOE
- Familiarity with the Government of Indonesia MOH’s current programs in reducing maternal and neonatal mortality under the hospital mentoring program.
- Senior level with at least 5-7 years’ professional experience in MNH and some understanding in hospital governance including quality / accreditation programs.
- A degree in a Medicine or Public Health, in which specialization in area of O&G, or pediatrician, or hospital governance is preferred.
- Knowledge of in-service training and learning interactions between mentor and mentee.
- Experience supporting research or evaluation and conducting interviews with health officers.
- Fluency in English is preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.