Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist position on a USAID funded program in Jamaica.
The Community Violence Prevention (CVP) activity in Jamaica aims to support communities, parents and families to prevent youth violence and develop pathway programs for youth at risk of violence. It intends to achieve this by working with communities and strengthening the ability and authority of targeted families to maintain discipline and reinforce prosocial conduct among their children and supporting desistance programs that will keep youth out of violent and criminal lifestyles. This will be a long-term position, for 5 years, under the direction of the COP, based in Kingston, Jamaica.
* Responsible for the overall management and integrity of the CVP Activity M&E system, ensuring data quality and effective implementation of the M&E Plan.
* Trains project staff, key partners, and other relevant stakeholders on the M&E System, data collection procedures, templates, and reporting practices.
* Supports the COP to respond to specific data requests and contributes to project reporting.
* Ensures that data from field-based activities are input into an established database in a timely manner.
* Manages the project’s M&E system, ensuring data quality for all results reported.
* Relevant Master’s degree in the field of organizational learning, development assistance, economics, political science or closely related inter-disciplinary fields with at least 5 years’ experience or a relevant Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years’ professional experience.
* Strong background in qualitative and quantitative monitoring and evaluation of development programs.
* Experience in the application of statistical methods, impact evaluations and field research.
* Demonstrated experience in strategic, systems and holistic thinking, managing resistance to change and understanding of organizational culture, learning and change management.
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
* Jamaican nationals strongly encouraged to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.