QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in more than 90 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
QED is looking for a MEL Specialist to serve on the USAID Vietnam Learns Program. The purpose of the program is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and their partners to be more efficient, effective and transparent in achieving program results through the use of evidence, performance management techniques, and Collaborating Learning and Adapting practices.
- Support the Senior MEL Advisor in the design and implement performance and impact evaluations, cross‐sector evaluations, whole‐of‐project evaluations for activities across USAID/Vietnam’s portfolio
- S/he will support the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports and evaluations
- S/he will oversee monitoring and evaluation, analysis, and assessment tasks throughout the life of the project, including the data quality assessments, participatory data collection methods and protocols, and data quality verification techniques.
- S/he will also be responsible for the design, quality development and production of all data quality assessment reports, assist in the production of evaluations reports and any assessments, population-based surveys and studies, as requested.
- S/he will be responsible for design of the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations
- S/he will also support the maintenance of the Mission’s PMP and the development and maintenance of implementing partners’ M&E Plans
- S/he or she may provide quality assurance/quality control for local subcontractors
- Work closely with project leadership and manage directly project efforts to effectively design and implement dissemination strategies and activities to communicate analytical products developed under the project as part of learning and/or strategic communications and public outreach agenda
- Support learning agendas, collaboration, learning and adapting, and knowledge management activities all aimed at facilitating effective collaboration and promote learning and sharing among stakeholders
- Support the capacity building team in strengthening USAID/Vietnam, implementing partners, and local entities’ (GVN, local organizations) institutional capacity, particularly in monitoring, evaluation, learning, collaboration and adaptive management, to achieve expected results
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field, such as applied social sciences, development economics, or monitoring and evaluation
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive responsibility working in M&E for donor funded development programs. USAID experience is a plus
- Familiarity with GIS/GEO- MIS data collection tools is a plus
- Experience in developing performance management plans (PMPs) and conducting data quality assessments (DQAs); analyzing both qualitative and quantitative data; using online M&E databases to collect performance indicators; conducting routine monitoring of data for a donor-funded project; and conducting participatory or impact evaluations
- Experience writing findings and recommendations in assessment or evaluation reports
- Experience in report writing, especially under USAID contracts, and development of dissemination; knowledge management and communication strategies
- Experience in one or more sectors including health, environment, governance, economic development, disability rights, gender.
- Strong organizational, writing and communication skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to coordinate well with personnel within and outside the project, meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision
- Computer literacy, with ability to analyze and interpret data using Excel, online reporting tools, or statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS, or STATA
- Excellent English and Vietnamese language skills, both verbal and written
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application (leave the info in pink blank).
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.