This position will support the strengthening of monitoring, evaluation and learning(MEL) systems and processes for advocacy in CARE to enable the organization to better capture and tell the story of CARE’s advocacy efforts across the globe. Advocacy is a key approach in CARE’s program strategy and one of the primary ways CARE intends to impact more lives beyond our programming. Given the importance of advocacy to CARE’s mission of reaching 150 million people by 2020, MEL plays a critical role in tracking, documenting, and learning from the advocacy happening across the confederation. This role will collaborate closely with colleagues across CARE to strengthen the MEL systems for advocacy across CARE and will play a pivotal role in collecting and synthesizing the advocacy data.
- Manage and process CARE’s Advocacy Data
- Design, Strengthen, and Implement MEL Advocacy Systems
- Documentation and Report Writing
- Additional responsibilities
- Masters degree, or equivalent combination of education and work experience, preferably in international development, data analytics, program evaluation, or similiar program
- Minimum of 5 years of previous professional experience in MEL in a complex organization, preferably evaluating advocacy
- Experience with advocacy evaluation methods such as outcome harvesting, contribution tracing, and other qualitative methods that better capture the story behind CARE’s advocacy win
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other data analysis and data visualization programs, including but not limited to
- Analytical expertise
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills, preferably as they relate to advocacy work or other complex data systems
- Project management skills
- Experience developing and implementing impact measurement activities
- Strong written, oral communication, and digital skills
- Ability to function in complex, changing environments, and to work with diverse and remote staff as well as independently.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail