The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
- The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, and one of the most innovative and successful organizations of its kind – is seeking a Clinical Research Community Engagement Specialist.
We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible because of Foundation support.
The Medical Project Specialist will work to update, develop and maintain systems to track and oversee the progress of research projects, clinical trials and medicals programs being supported by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) and the Therapeutics Development Network. She/he will work as an integral part of the Research Affairs Project Management Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Data entry into systems tracking the progress of Medical projects, grants and CF clinical trials.
- Liaison between key stakeholders and IT in the analysis, design, configuration, testing, trouble shooting, enhancements and maintenance of data systems.
- Develop knowledge of ongoing CFF projects, grants and clinical trials in order to provide reports and metrics as needed.
- Assist in monitoring expenses, assessing budgets and projections of projects, grants and clinical trials.
- Maintain medical and clinical projects. Summarize and archive correspondence, and monitor progress of projects by organizing, participating in, and documenting in-person meetings with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in and document internal and external scientific project discussions and budgetary meetings.
- Adhere to internal and external compliance and security standards including but not limited to HIPAA, IT security and GDP (Good Document Practices).
- Communicate with program leaders, MDs, PhDs and external executives to obtain progress updates, schedule meetings, identify problem areas, and help develop solutions.
- Participate in teleconferences, on-site and off-site visits of CFF supported research, clinical trials and drug discovery programs.
- Measure, track, report and present on project progress to ensure achievement of goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- BA/BS, with a minimum of 2 years of experience as a coordinator/analyst or project support position either within a health or science driven department.
- Experience monitoring, maintaining schedules, and reporting progress for concurrent projects (project execution experience a plus, including implementing projects, budget management, process integration and system support).
- Demonstrate analytical, problem-solving, and facilitation skills, with the ability to analyze a system and document its processes through integration with technology.
- Proficient in standard operating system windows. Experience with OSX a plus.
- Experience in developing, launching and maintaining project management applications. Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint.
- Basic understanding of biomedical scientific principles and their applications for drug discovery and development.
- Basic knowledge of clinical trials, FDA regulations, pharma business model (patient care models a plus).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: must be able to communicate confidently and effectively with project team members and executive management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in team-based settings.
- High attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to concentrate on detailed work for long periods.
- Travel 10-15%.