Internews is seeking a Media Specialist for the USAID-funded FHI 360 Innovations project Innovations for Social Accountability in Cambodia (ISAC) project, which has the goal of improving access to information on government decisions and processes and supporting education and outreach to raise awareness of accountability and integrity in public administration. The Media Specialist will operate as Internews’ program lead and ensure integration of Internews staff into the FHI 360 project team, reporting to the FHI 360 Chief of Party (COP) and the Internews Regional Director. The Media Specialist will lead access to information education and awareness project activities and the development of a digital platform for credible information on government accountability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring to local partners on ICT capabilities, online presence, data aggregation, analysis and reporting
- Oversees design and implementation of training activities on data reporting for citizen journalists and CSOs.
- Participate in a monthly check-in call with FHI 360’s Project Director, COP, Internews’ Regional Director and other partner leads.
- Participate in any ISAC coordination mechanisms as determined by COP.
- Spearhead integration of the Internews team at the FHI 360 office.
- Continuously update the FHI 360 COP on upcoming activities, trainings, staff travel and absences.
- Represent Internews at internal and external project-related networking events.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- University graduate with relevant degree
- At least 5 years’ work experience with media or media development organizations
- Excellent communication skills, teamwork abilities, and ability to work in high-pressure situations
- Social media, video and web design experience
- Familiar with digital security protocol, online media landscape
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and data management skills
- Experience managing community programming
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff
- Experience with USAID procedures a plus
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the workplace and experience providing technical support to a cross-section of staff and local partners
- Fluency in English and Khmer
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our Internews Benefits page.