This position reports to the Emergency Team Leader and is responsible for ensuring the effective design and implementation of the CO’s DM&E Strategy that is in line with CARE’s policies and practices; focusing on the development of M&E plan and activities sets appropriate monitoring and evaluation requirements for CARE’s projects and programmes, and assumes overall responsibility for M&E related data collection, collation, analysis and reporting (internal and external). The MEAL Coordinator ensures that objective evaluations are managed to assess the CARE programme and project relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability of results and that evaluations are carried out in a credible and systematic manner with lessons and recommendations used for programme/project design. This position manages thematic projects as requested.
The MEAL Coordinator liaises closely with headquarters and other CMPs to ensure compliance with DM&E requirements. This position works closely with the Programme and Programme Support Teams in the CO. He/she will also be responsible for the CO’s Accountability Mechanism. He/she plays an important role in the project to programme shift and in quality assurance.
- Programme Design
- Evaluation and Research
- Accountability and reporting
- Learning/Knowledge sharing and training
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Advanced degree focusing on economics, statistics, sociology, or relevant field.
- At least 5 years of operational DM&E experience at national and international levels in international development;
- Proven experience and skills in quantitative and qualitative/participatory research methods and analysis and linking planning to M&E through results based approaches;
- Demonstrated experience with designing logical frameworks/ theory of change (TOC), designing M&E systems, outcome measurement using qualitative and quantitative approaches;
- Experience in designing and writing reports and proposals for donors;
- Experience in rendering M&E results using different media/ICT4D tools.
- Excellent communication, training/facilitation skills, preferably in data collection methods and tools, and M&E;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Advanced computer skills including the use of statistical analysis software (SPSS, STATA, Excel);
- Fluent in oral and written English and excellent writing skills;
- Ability to work in a challenging environment, under high pressure and ability to cope with tight deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
This is a 6 month assignment.