The M & E Officer will support the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager ( M&E M) in meeting the quality assurance and quality improvement of all the monitoring and evaluation activities of the Lesotho Country Programme at the district level. This position will be focused on providing oversight in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities at facility, community and district level in the m2m respective district/s. Specifically the M&E Officer will be working closely with the m2m facility and community mentor mothers to reconcile m2m data with facility data. This will include but not limited to; overseeing of filling of PMTCT clinical records at the facility registers, also see to it that facility registers match the m2m tracking records and that all identified PMTCT clients and HIV exposed infants have been appropriately registered in both the m2m tools and the facility tools as appropriate for accurate and timely capturing of programme data. The M&E Officer will also be responsible for early tracking of facility and districts PMTCT reach against targets to inform programs and M&E to take remedial measures. In collaboration with the Program Officers and m2m M&E Manager, the M&E Officers will prepare district level presentations and present such presentations at district level upon M&E Manager’s endorsement, the M&E officer will represent m2m at district level during DHMT meetings and other relevant forums and district TWGs. The M&E Officer will report directly to the M & E Manager and will be based at district level.
Key Performance Areas:
• Ensure complete and accurate data collection and reporting,
• Follow up where there are missing data reporting forms, implement data quality controls
• Identify gaps collection skills among Site staff and provide onsite training
• Ensure all facilities understand PMTCTC indicators (I.e. facility and m2m site staff)
• Ensure site staff have the needed tools at all times
• Capture m2m monthly district data and quarterly district SOAR data
• Participate in m2m annual evaluation data collection exercise
Data quality Management:
• Reconcile m2m and facility data for appointment diaries, monthly facility reports and Facility summary sheets on a monthly basis
• Support a monthly bi-directional data reconciliation between Community and Facility Mentor Mothers and provide feedback to M&E Manager, Program Officers, Program Managers and Senior Program Manager
• Work closely with M&E Manager and Program Officer to monitor progress on reaching facility / district level targets
• Ensure all the M&E tools at facility and community are kept well and the data is accurately recorded
• Work closely with the Program Officer in planning supportive supervision visit to provide data quality improvement among site level staff.
• External Relationships with other stakeholders data management teams
• Build relationships at district, site and community level to enable collaboration and partnership in ensuring data management
• Coordinate monthly data harmonization for PEPFAR MER indicators with development partners at facility level.
• Provide technical support and on-going supervision to site level staff on Commcare and capture facility level data into DATIM.
Training and development:
• Work collaboratively with Program Officers, Regional Manager, HR Officer and the Site staff and identify areas of capacity building and training
• Make recommendations to M&E Manager for onsite training needs
• Develop a comprehensive monthly supportive supervision plan and report to M&E Manager
• Participate in the M & E training components during PST and IST
• Support training and capacity building and rolling out of new initiatives and innovations.
• Participate in m2m Annual Evaluation and other operations research activities to carry out data extraction , capturing and cleaning
• Produce district level presentations for district level stakeholders meetings and present such presentations upon M&E Manager’s endorsement
• Represent m2m M&E department at district level ( DHMT) meetings to articulate the performance of m2m
• Maintain a Sound relationship with DHMT, MOH staff and other partners at the facility and district level.
• Collaborate with other organizations working towards the same goal at district level and add value to district collaboration process for improved performance.
• Participate in district data quality meetings, PHC meetings and other quality improvement forums at district and national level.