SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
SNV has been working in Vietnam since 1995, and currently has over 40 national and international staff. SNV Vietnam operates from a head office in Hanoi and projects in over 50 provinces in the country, including in the poorest and most remote areas.
SNV Vietnam is now seeking a highly qualified candidate for the post of M&E Officer cum Program Assistant for the “AgResults Vietnam Emissions Reduction Challenge Project (AVERP)”. This is a pioneering project that mobilizes a results-based financing mechanism as a catalyst to accelerate innovations and viability from the private sector to promote sustainable technologies for the rice sector in Vietnam. The project has successfully completed its Testing Phase (Phase I) and is now steadily moving into large-scale expansion (Phase II). This is a multi-million dollar 5-year project from 2016 – 2021.
With the impressive expansion of various technology packages at a wide scale across Thai Binh province, AVERP is pleased to announce its newly created vacancy for dynamic, talented and committed candidates. If you believe you have these qualities, regardless of your experience in agriculture, send us your CV and Application. There will be diverse opportunities for field, science, evaluation and community development learning and hands-on experience for the successful candidate. We also offer a competitive remuneration package.
Under the leadership of the Team Leader, the Officer will provide the following roles and support to AVERP’s entire implementation in Phase II
M&E Officer (60%)
M&E system development and implementation
- Coordinate the field data collection and record field data in accordance with the project M&E system
- Participate in field work activities including overseeing the implementation of technological packages by Smallholder farmers (SHFs) and the verification process.
- Liaise with the Competition Verifier to ensure consistency in work plans and reporting.
- Use of Web-GIS, App-mobile and other tools for monitoring the technology application by smallholders farmers, competitors and other verification cross-check activities
- Support weekly, monthly and quarterly management reporting to the Secretariat.
- Provide other operational support including administrative tasks, communications & reporting, outreach and research as may be required.
- Assist in the preparation of annual work plans and quarterly report to donors
- Assist the Team Leader in ensuring that all requirements of the Secretariat on project monitoring and evaluation are strictly followed by all engaged stakeholders
- Support on collecting and management of agronomic and GHG emission samples and data
- Compile lessons learnt and best practices of the project.
- Provide other support to the Team Leader to ensure smooth running of project activities.
- Support stakeholder relations in strategic aspects of the Competition.
- Assist in liaison with the Independent Evaluator (Abt) as needed.
PME and project records
- Maintain and update project records in the SNV internal standard systems and provide regular reports to Team Leader, Business Development Unit and project team on project progress.
- Update monthly, quarterly and yearly information into the PME.
- Support the Team Leader to train, advise and coach project staff and local partners in applicable planning, monitoring and quality assurance standards.
Program Assistant (40%)
- Arrange logistics and administration for field work of the AVERP team, the Secretariat and Advisory Council and support during their visits.
- Liaise with different stakeholders to ensure smooth project implementation
- Assist AVERP team in preparation of program documentation and other paper work
- Keep the AVERP team calendar up to date, arrange meetings and appointments
- Make travel arrangements for AVERP team members and visitors of the program
- Provide interpretation/translation support in case of need
- Take photos for AVERP events, site visits Competitors’ crops.
- University degree
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience at international organisation(s); experience supporting and conducting field data collection of climate-smart agriculture or Rice development project is a plus
- Understanding and experience in project monitoring and evaluation is preferable
- Takes initiative and creative in solving problems
- Ability to work independently and with the team with multi-tasking and “can-do” attitude
- Good organizing skills and interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills (English and Vietnamese)
- Good computer skills in MS-applications (Word, Excel, Internet, Email)
- Willing to travel to other provinces
Duration of assignment: SNV Vietnam offers a 2-year employment contract
How to apply: Please send your application letter and CV, together with an indication of your current salary and compensation package and contacts of up to 3 referees of your past employment to by 15 November 2019.
Applications will be reviewed and interviews conducted on a rolling basis to identify appropriate candidates as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: http://www.snv.org
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.