PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is leading a vibrant consortium of Zambian and international organizations that will collaborate closely with Zambia’s Ministry of Health, the National TB Program, the private sector, and other partners to support the eradication of TB in Zambia. Funded by USAID and focusing on six of Zambia’s 10 provinces, the five-year Eradicate TB contract aims to increase the number of individuals screened for TB by 50% and increase the TB treatment success rate to 85% and beyond in targeted provinces. The four key tasks of Eradicate TB are to:
- Pursue high-quality DOTS expansion and enhancement
- Address TB-HIV, DR-TB, and the needs of poor and vulnerable populations in six provinces
- Engage all categories of care providers
- Enable and promote research.
- Provide overall technical guidance on the implementation of the project data collection and monitoring and evaluation system.
- Assist in the development of a performance monitoring plan covering activities to compile, analyze and present data for reporting of program progress and impact.
- Develop suitable dissemination materials for sharing project related results.
- Support operationalization of the M&E plan by developing and managing an M&E system to serve as a repository of all project related M&E data.
- Maintain and update the M&E system on an ongoing basis and generate needed reports to meet donor and other stakeholder requirements.
- Lead implementation of facility assessments, establish, and oversee data cleaning and entry procedures as per standard M&E practice at PATH and consolidate lessons learned and make suitable recommendations for future assessments.
- Oversee data collection and monitoring activities at the target regions of the project.
- Lead technical assistance to strengthen the government health information systems.
- Provide technical assistance to MOH for monitoring and improvement of program activities.
- Participate in discussions for design and implementation of project activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders such as MOH, implementing partners, academic institutions, and donors in the area of monitoring and evaluation.