The M&E and Reporting Coordinator is an organized and proactive candidate who can articulate the project mission and find innovative ways to gather, synthesize and share the power of our work through monitoring, evaluation and reporting. This position coordinates all monitoring and evaluation activities, including devising and implementing strategies to ensure accurate data collection and analysis. This position will support a team that is responsible for collecting, processing, archiving, and reporting data on program activities, including a wide range of radio programs, training activities, regulatory work and overall media development indicators. The Coordinator will be responsible for drafting bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and final reports, as well as special reports upon request. This position is based in Juba, South Sudan with occasional travel throughout South Sudan. The M&E and Reporting Coordinator will report to the MERL & Subgrants Manager. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft regular donor narrative reports for projects funded by USAID, BPRM, UN, etc. at the following intervals: bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and final reports, as well as any other reports of Internews South Sudan as needed for internal and external use;
- Conduct/coordinate the collection of qualitative and quantitative data per the approved work plan, ensuring accurate data is being collected;
- Work closely with implementing partners to ensure coordination of M&E methodology and data, as well as capacity building for local partners on M&E systems and data collection;
- Support two-way communication and feedback between all departments, staff and audiences to ensure reports are utilized and practical;
- Works with program staff to write human-interest success stories about project impact representing a wide range of locations and topics for sharing with general audiences as well as donors;
- Develop new and keep up-to-date communications products to articulate the full scope and impact of the project on a regular basis to external and internal stakeholders including a two-pager informational brochure, community radio stations map, and staff newsletter;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values .
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, development, or related field or equivalent standard of education. Master’s degree preferred;
- Exceptional and inspired English writing skills, to a publishable standard. Writing samples and portfolio required;
- Experience in the field of performance measurement for development activities and/or media;
- Familiarity with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and M&E database systems;
- Experience with all relevant software, such as Excel, In-Design, Photoshop etc.;
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the workplace;
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good humored, and flexible;
- Ability to travel within South Sudan. Willingness to spend extended time in the field, with limited facilities, often under harsh conditions;
- Understanding and knowledge of political and historical context of South Sudan;
- Experience living and working in Africa and/or conflict/post-conflict environments;
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and reliably, to a high standard and to deadline.
Note: This position is posted in a High or Extreme Physical Risk location. Conditions in the field may include, but are not limited to the following: compound living quarters, limited mobility outside of designated areas, limited in-country medical care or pharmacy, limited access to fresh fruit and vegetables, limited access to high speed internet, dress code requirements, unaccompanied posting, and required advanced safety and security training. If selected for an interview for this position, ensure you discuss the specifics of living and working in this unique operating environment and consider them at length during the recruitment process.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.