PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
This position will support a potential CDC-funded program entitled “Enhancing Global Health Security: Expanding Efforts and Strategies to Protect and Improve Public Health in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)” The project goal is to improve DRC’s capacity to manage infectious disease outbreaks by establishing a single database platform to manage surveillance data and laboratory test results within DHIS2. The project will work closely with the DRC Ministry of Health, Surveillance and Laboratory Directions and health system stakeholders to establish linkages between surveillance data and laboratory test results within DHIS2, support the integration of other data base softwares which are interoperable with DHIS2 from vertical disease sub systems into DHIS2, improve the quality of existing data in DHIS2, and build capacities at health care and laboratory facilities on effective use of DHIS2 for data analysis. The M&E Advisor may also support other projects in PATH’s Health Systems Innovation and Delivery portfolio.
The M&E advisor will play a key role in leading the design and implementation of the project Evaluation and Performance Measurement Plan (EPMP) and Data Management Plan (DMP) in collaboration with project staff and partners. S/he will lead evaluation activities including collection, analysis and rapid feedback of project data to assess activity progress and areas for improvement, design and implement evaluations to set baselines, inform program design and demonstrate progress towards anticipated outcomes and impacts. S/he will develop and maintain systems to collect, analyze and report information on inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact of the program, guide reporting processes among technical staff, consolidate program reports, and lead responses to CDC and other donors for regular and ad hoc reporting requirements. S/he will manage key internal and external activities determining project success, such as tracking deliverables, coordinating efforts, and identifying and managing critical risks. The M&E advisor will report to the project director, with additional technical guidance and support from PATH headquarters, and will work closely with the Global Health Security Agenda technical team. This position will be based in Kinshasa.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage implementation of EPMP and DMP with project staff and partners.
- Lead collection and analysis of project data to assess progress and areas of improvement.
- Develop and institutionalize rapid data review and feedback cycles to ensure project uses evaluation and routine data to inform activity planning and evidence-based implementation.
- Design appropriate evaluation protocols and data collection instruments.
- Develop and maintain systems to collect, analyze and visualize information on inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact of the program.
- Institute processes for data management and ensuring data privacy.
- Guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidate program reports. Lead responses to CDC for regular and ad hoc reporting requirements.
- Support technical staff in M&E functions and coordinate with other government, PATH, and partner M&E staff to disseminate and use M&E information.
- Develop data visualization dashboards to aid data use with appropriate audiences.
- Promote learning and sharing of best practices and lessons learnt internally and externally.
- Disseminate applicable findings from evaluations to appropriate audiences and support the writing of manuscripts.
- Ensure quality, consistency and adherence to standards and best practices for M&E across the project, including data quality and use.