PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing Copywriter will serve as a member of the External Affairs division and sit on the Global Marketing & Communications Team. The Marketing Copywriter will write compelling, conversion-oriented fundraising or advertising copy, email copy, web copy and calls-to-action, and short journalistic articles. They will join our writing/editing team and support our growing need for digital copy about our global work to improve lives, strengthen public health, and use science and product engineering to solve crucial health issues in a sustainable way.
- Write copy to fundraise, position for awards, raise brand awareness, and drive advocacy efforts across all institutional audiences.
- Write copy for all institutional channels, including web, email, direct mail, events, social, print, and video.
- Write copy for editorial articles and web page content about PATH programs and solutions, as well as subject briefs and talking points for PATH spokespeople.
- Work with in-house and freelance designers to develop and present creative concepts that meet expectations and business needs defined in creative briefs.
- Identify and carry out content-driven lead generation opportunities.
- Use data, analytics, and SEO best practices to brainstorm and guide editorial decisions.
- Build content in PATH’s Content Management Systems, compile monthly reporting for your content
- Use data to glean insights into the user experience and illustrate the value of content in the experience
- Work with people of all levels across the company to collaborate, develop content strategies, and get relevant approvals before publishing drafted content
- Contribute to a bank of approved copy about PATH’s programs and impact that can be used in proposals, reports, and pitches to individual donors.
- Transform information from multiple sources into concise, user-centric content solutions that drive our business goals.