PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The VivAccess project is a Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation-funded 5-year initiative led by PATH and Medicines for Malaria Venture (MMV) to support countries in the control and elimination of Plasmodium vivax (P. vivax) malaria. The goal of VivAccess is to support the adoption and increased access to a suite of products to address the unique challenges associated with P. vivax malaria globally. Through VivAccess, PATH and MMV work closely with the World Health Organization, National Malaria Control Programs (NMCP), and country-based healthcare partners to support the introduction and use of these effective tools, which include malaria diagnostics, G6PD diagnostics, blood-stage drugs, and liver-stage radical-cure drugs. Guided by the leadership of national health agencies, VivAccess provides support in terms of market analytics, technical expertise, and product delivery coordination as countries seek to introduce effective radical cure into national malaria protocols and accelerate progress towards their malaria elimination goals.
PATH is seeking a Market Dynamics Officer to lead PATH VivAccess activities in Latin America and serve as co-Regional Advisor with a counterpart at MMV. This role will represent PATH and VivAccess in Latin America and will collaborate with NMCPs, Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO), regulatory bodies, procurement agencies, researchers and other critical national stakeholders to ensure the safe and efficient adoption of new tools for malaria. Primary focus countries include: Brazil, Colombia, and Peru, with the potential for expanded engagement over time. This position will report to the Senior Market Dynamics Officer, Malaria Portfolio Lead in Seattle.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Closely collaborate with PATH Headquarters officer, MMV’s Regional Advisor,VivAccess country teams, and partner organizations including Global Heatlh Strategies (GHS) in key target adoption countries (Brazil, Colombia, and Peru).
- Develop a sound understanding and play an integral role in regional knowledge sharing of the political landscape, malaria situation, funding landscape, regulatory pathways, implementation strategies, and risks, barriers and opportunities for the introduction of new tools for effective radical cure. Lead ongoing engagement with the Ministry of Health (MOH) and stakeholders, conducting market research, and propose country relevant solutions.
- Support and provide technical expertise to NMCPs, country teams, and national government partners for protocol development and execution of feasibility studies, cost-effectiveness studies and pharmacovigilance to inform policy adoption decisions for new tools (G6PD diagnostics and tafenoquine).
- In collaboration with VivAccess country teams, NMCPs, researchers and, other relevant partners, help keep an updated a roadmap for policy adoption, mobilizing funding, procurement processes, distribution and ensuring co-availability of radical cure products in target countries across the region.
- For each country plan, monitor timely progress and completion of key deliverables in collaboration with the VivAccess country teams and global project team. Contribute to development and monitoring of indicators around impact of trainings, as well as product availability and use in designated treatment settings.
- Liaise with country implementing partners and the procurement agent(s) on supply chain and procurement planning, and engage with with key regional stakeholders (i.e. PAHO, Global Health Strategies (GHS), and regional development financing organizations) to support development of sustainable procurement financing.
- Support national government partners to develop sustainability plans for ongoing funding of vivax commodites.
- Contribute to ongoing global VivAccess activities in coordination with global project team. This may include supporting the development of advocacy materials, contributing to impact modeling and global data anlaysis, or other global workstreams as appropraite.
- Assist the global support and country project teams (finance, external relations, and access) in developing monthly internal reports, bi-annual reports to the donor, including progress against project targets, as well as ad hoc programmatic reporting as necessary.
- Provide technical assistance to NMCPs and MOHs to implement cost-effectiveness tools, feasibility study design, and pharmacovigilence systems to enable the roll-out of radical cure tools.
- As appropriate, support the pilot introduction of new radical cure products including support to NMCPs to provide technical guidance on protocols, attending country and regional coordination meetings, and the sharing of relevant data, documents, information, and disseminating study findings to key stakeholders.
- Contribute to overarching project goals of data sharing and disseminating learnings across VivAccess project countries globally.
- Support the writing and development of grant funding proposals.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (up to 25%).
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.