This position is funded through October, 2021 and is likely to be extended.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Market Dynamics program is currently recruiting for an officer who is seeking to grow their career while making a difference in people’s lives. S/he will work with Market Dynamics team members to define problems, conduct analyses, and apply findings to address market failures that restrict access to life-saving products and interventions. Specifically, the officer will support the following teams/projects:
- The Medical Device Portfolio within the Market Dynamics Program is growing its work increasing safe access to oxygen therapy. The portfolio has launched a new project as part of the global response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The project expands on previous PATH work in the respiratory care space with the aim to increase access to oxygen and equipment in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
- The officer will particularly focus on challenges in supply chain and operations management that hinder access to appropriate health care. To match supply and demand the officer will use his/her expertise and develop innovative solutions, for example, in inventory management, service management, transportation management and network design digital tools and data.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support and lead supply chain management outputs, such as improving systems for inventory and equipment management, transportation management, network design etc.
- Build analytical tools and modeling approaches to analyze problems, showcase the benefits of interventions in terms of cost and access to health care, and support decision-makers with tools they can use in the field.
- Develop and implement market intervention strategies for target markets in global health to inform decisions of governments, donors and other stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a strong network of experts in PATH and externally.
- Contribute to and help initiate new projects in Market Dynamics.