PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Market Dynamics program is currently recruiting for an officer that is keen to work on PATH’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Specifically, the officer will support the Medical Device Portfolio within the Market Dynamics Program in growing its work increasing safe access to oxygen therapy. The portfolio is leading a project as part of the global response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This project expands on previous PATH work in respiratory care with the aim to increase access to oxygen and equipment in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). The officer will work within PATH’s Programs and Innovation Division at PATH. The individual will work with Market Dynamics team members to define problems, conduct analyses, and apply findings to address market failures that restrict access to life-saving products and interventions.
PATH is looking to hire a Market Dynamics Officer in the Democratic Republic of Congo. She/He will be a key contributor to our program’s work on increasing access to key medical devices and will work closely with a strong team of internal and external collaborators. The Market Dynamics team uses data to co-generate policies or interventions that increase equitable access to health products and services. A strong candidate will have a robust understanding of the DRC health system, public policy, economics, and be able to collect, analyze and synthesize data. This project will involve close collaboration with high level government stakeholders, donors like USAID, development banks, firms, and multilateral health organizations such as the WHO and UNICEF. The work is extremely fast paced and requires a dedicated and passionate individual with a positive attitude.
- Serve as a technical lead in DRC for the organization’s market dynamics medical device project.
- Collaborate with the local and global PATH market dynamics teams.
- Conduct baseline device inventories and rapid landscapes for select medical devices and potentially lead implementation of select pilot efforts.
- Use lessons learned to support expansion of the medical system to include other medical devices.
- Support primary market research and market landscape projects for durable medical devices to understand the public and private market dynamics for these products in low- and middle- income countries, specifically DRC.
- Engage suppliers or distributors of medical equipment, negotiate contracts, and understand constraints industry is facing.
- Develop and maintain a strong network of experts in PATH and externally.