PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Market Dynamics Associate will work on a variety of projects in the Market Dynamics Program across a multitude of health areas as part of our Consulting Services practice area. These fast-paced projects will require strong collaboration with other programs within PATH, external donors (including those from the private sector), and other global health stakeholders. The successful candidate will use a variety of tools and approaches to define unmet health needs, conduct appropriate quantitative analyses tailored to the specific project, and make strategic recommendations on how to improve access to life-saving products and interventions. One recent project was focused on gaining insights on the value proposition for a novel pipeline drug aimed at preventing one of the leading causes of maternal death (postpartum hemorrhage) in low-and-middle income countries (LMICs). For this project, we worked closely with a leading pharmaceutical company to generate a concept card to understand perceptions of the novel drug to solve unmet needs. Stakeholder interviews were conducted across five countries to better understand challenges and opportunities for introducing the novel drug. The team also conducted modeling to understand the market size in select LMICs. Analysis was used to inform a potential in-licensing decision.
The Market Dynamics Associate will also contribute to an ongoing project to ensure an adequate supply of appropriate syringes for COVID-19 immunization and routine immunization in LMICs. This work will require collecting market intelligence from manufacturers to support inputs for a syringe gap assessment model, generating insights from the market intelligence data, convening manufacturers and other organizations including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the COVAX Facility, and UNICEF to share results, and engaging with engineers and other technical staff in PATH’s Medical Devices and Health Technologies Program to understand possible new technologies that can enter the market.
In addition, the Market Dynamics Associate will contribute to a portfolio of market analytics for digital health. This work will be in partnership with Digital Square, an initiative within PATH’s Center of Digital and Data Excellence (CoDE) that brings global, regional, and local actors together to create new ways of thinking about investments in digital technologies. The work will require testing and adapting an Excel-based Total Cost of Ownership Tool to increase transparency on the costs of digital health, exploring new ways to think about digital health return on investment (ROI) and engaging with developers to understand their market intelligence needs.
- Conduct and/or contribute to country and market landscaping efforts and create data visualizations to foster their interpretation for country or global stakeholder presentations.
- Analyze primary program data and secondary data sources, including cataloging relevant external research and literature to generate insights and provide strategic direction.
- Support development and implementation of market intervention strategies for project markets to inform decisions of governments, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Support development of multi-country, scenario-based supply, and demand forecasts to support decision making.
- Plan and prepare for stakeholder convenings including generating the agenda, creating slides with required technical information and in collaboration with partners, providing input on interactive sessions, communicating with participants, facilitating discussions and other activities.
- Collaborate with PATH external partners including multilateral organizations, manufacturers, nonprofits, and country governments to coordinate supply and delivery of essential health products.
- Provide support to overall project activities and timelines while leading sub-component(s) (either market or geography specific) of the project, including managing relevant stakeholder engagement.
- Prepare project deliverables – in conjunction with others and the Market Dynamics project leads- for submission to donors and present work to external audiences.
- Contribute to business development activities through preparation of materials and support for proposals.
- Contribute to regular strategic discussions for project implementation or for the broader Market Dynamics program.