**Recruiting to fill two positions**
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties. PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Market Dynamics program is currently recruiting for an associate who is seeking to grow their career while making a difference in people’s lives. Specifically, the associate will support the following teams/projects:
- The Medical Device Portfolio within the Market Dynamics Program is growing its work increasing safe access to oxygen therapy. The portfolio is launching a new project as part of the global response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The project will expand on previous PATH work in the respiratory care space with the aim to increase access to oxygen and equipment in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
- The associate to be hired will work within PATH’s Technology, Analytics, and Market Introduction Division at PATH. S/he will work with Market Dynamics team members to define problems, conduct analyses, and apply findings to address market failures that restrict access to life-saving products and interventions.
A successful Market Dynamics Associate will bring expertise in at least 3 of the following 4 areas, with the potential for on-the-job learning in the fourth area.
- Market research
- Analyze primary program data and secondary data sources, including cataloging relevant external research and literature to generate insights and provide strategic direction.
- Collaborate with global PATH programs to develop primary qualitative and quantitative research on global health products offerings (vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, and medical devices), price levels, manufacturing capabilities, and other supply-related questions.
- Analyze and develop market intervention strategies for target markets in global health to inform decisions of governments, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Diagnose why a market may fail to produce efficiency or equity using data. Design actionable strategies for the market to function in a way that produces more health.
- Coordination across global health stakeholders
- Identify and engage with key stakeholders to understand market needs and supply constraints. Understand priorities and objectives of stakeholders.
- Work with PATH partners including multilateral organizations, manufacturers, nonprofits, and country governments to coordinate supply and delivery of essential health products.
- Participate in and contribute to regular strategic discussions for project implementation.
- Technical product analysis
- Analyze target product specifications and develop use cases for health-related equipment and advise teams on product procurements.
- Support the evaluation of innovative and novel products for their suitability, health impact potential, and compatibility with existing systems.
- Collaborate with regulatory bodies to ensure product procurements are appropriate for demand.
- Data modeling and market analytics
- Develop and use a range of standardized tools, econometric methods, frameworks and modeling approaches and establish best practices for various types of analyses/models.
- Conduct and/or contribute to landscaping efforts and create data visualizations to foster their interpretation for country or global stakeholder presentations.
- Support database design and management for supply chain and market analysis.
- Passionate about addressing health issues in low-resource settings with a demonstrated commitment to equity.
- Ability to derive strategic insights for country and global stakeholders from data analysis and primary research, experience using advanced software tools and coding languages (e.g., Python, R, Stata, VBA etc.), including strong capabilities in data visualization (e.g., Tableau) and presentation (e.g., PowerPoint).
- Experience conducting analysis on economic and/or public health trade-offs to develop recommendations for broad audiences.
- Proven effectiveness working in a team-based environment, but capable also of working independently and taking initiative.
- Versatile and responsive working virtually and collaboratively with teams across the world.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally approximately 10-25% of the time.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in fast-paced and high-pressure situations.
- Comfortable with working openly and transparently, sharing work-in-progress, failures, successes, and lessons-learned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous situations.