PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties. PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently recruiting for an associate who is seeking to grow their career while making a difference in people’s lives. Specifically, the associate will support the following teams/projects:
- Living Labs, a fast-paced and iterative human-centered design initiative, aims to increase motivation of immunization health workers in Zambia and Kenya. The Living Labs initiative will accelerate health innovation by building on existing human-centered design expertise in the countries where PATH works. While the Living Labs are being established with a focus on applying rapid ideation to enhance the motivation of frontline immunization workers in sub-Saharan Africa, PATH also expects the project to gain learnings from and impact adjacent health challenges and geographies. This role will work closely with a multi-disciplined team located in Kenya, Zambia, and the US, on a rapidly-iterative project focused on testing solutions to motivate health workers to improve performance.
- The Market Dynamics Program is rapidly growing and adding an Associate to work within PATH’s cross-cutting Market Dynamics Program as part of the broader Technology, Analytics, and Market Introduction Division at PATH. S/he will work with Market Dynamics team members to define problems, conduct analyses, and apply findings to address market failures that restrict access to life-saving products and interventions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and use a range of standardized tools, frameworks and modeling approaches and establish best practices for various types of analyses/models.
- Conduct and/or contribute to landscaping efforts and create data visualizations to foster their interpretation for country or global stakeholder presentations.
- Update and maintain program results framework to inform project milestones, programmatic lessons learned, and methodologies developed.
- Participate in and contribute to regular strategic discussions for project implementation.
- Conduct and/or contribute to health impact and market size modeling for motivational solutions for health care workers and/or high priority technologies.
- Analyze country program data and secondary data sources, including to cataloguing relevant external research and literature, to generate insights and provide strategic direction.
- Contribute to conducting qualitative and quantitative research and analysis for global health products (vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, and medical devices) to understand the public and private markets for these products in low- and middle- income countries.
- Analyze and develop market intervention strategies for target markets in global health to inform decisions of governments, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Provide support in managing project activities and timelines.
- Passionate about addressing health issues in low-resource settings.
- Ability to derive strategic insights for country and global stakeholders from data analysis, including strong capabilities in data visualization (e.g., Tableau) and presentation (e.g., PowerPoint).
- Strong data analytic skills including proficiency in Excel
- Proven effectiveness working in a team-based environment, but capable also of working independently and taking initiative.
- Receptive to and values open and honest feedback from colleagues and stakeholders.
- Versatile and responsive working virtually and collaboratively with teams across the world.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally approximately 10-20% of the time.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in fast-paced and high-pressure situations.
- Comfortable with working openly and transparently, sharing work-in-progress, failures, successes, and lessons-learned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable in ambiguous situations.