** Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications. **
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is currently recruiting for an Associate to join the rapidly growing Market Dynamics Program within the Program and Innovation division at PATH. The Market Dynamics Associate will work on a variety of other projects in the Market Dynamics program across a multitude of health areas as part of our Consulting Services practice area. These fast-paced projects will require strong collaboration with other programs within PATH, external donors (including those from the private sector), and other global health stakeholders. The successful candidate will work to define unmet health needs, conduct appropriate quantitative analyses tailored to the specific project, and make strategic recommendations on how to improve access to life-saving products and interventions. To provide more context, one recent project was focused on gaining insights on the value proposition for a novel pipeline drug aimed at preventing one of the leading causes of maternal death (postpartum hemorrhage) in low-and-middle income countries (LMICs). For this project, we worked closely with a leading pharmaceutical company to generate a concept card to understand perceptions of the novel drug to solve unmet needs. The team also conducted modeling to understand the market size in select LMIC countries. Analysis was used to inform a potential in-licensing decision. Another project example was focused on understanding the cost-effectiveness in a single country in Asia of expanding access to oral HIV PrEP in high-risk populations. We leveraged health impact modeling tools and experts in cost analysis to estimate the cost-effectiveness to inform national insurance coverage. These projects have been completed but highlight a sample of the types of market dynamics project work that the team conducts.
In addition, the Market Dynamics Associate will contribute to the Tools for Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (TIMCI) project. TIMCI is a multi-year project funded by Unitaid and led by PATH to accelerate availability, adoption and scale-up of tools to identify severe illness and decrease mortality in children under five years of age. TIMCI has two major goals that both seek to improve detection of severe disease in children under five: 1) to improve healthcare workers’ ability to diagnose severe disease by equipping them with pulse oximeters (POX) and electronic decision support tools (eCDSTs); and 2) to accelerate the development and market entry of non-invasive devices that augment the features of a standard POX with one or more additional vital sign measurements (multimodal devices). Project work will include program implementation, evidence generation, market strengthening, and research utilization to influence scale-up and will take place in five countries: India, Kenya, Myanmar, Senegal, and Tanzania.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct and/or contribute to country and market landscaping efforts and create data visualizations to foster their interpretation for country or global stakeholder presentations.
- Analyze primary program data and secondary data sources, including cataloging relevant external research and literature to generate insights and provide strategic direction.
- Support development and implementation of market intervention strategies for project markets to inform decisions of governments, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Support development of multi-country, scenario-based demand forecasts and cost tool estimates that support in-country advocacy and scale-up plans
- Collaborate with PATH external partners including multilateral organizations, manufacturers, nonprofits, and country governments to coordinate supply and delivery of essential health products.
- Provide support to overall project activities and timelines while leading sub-component(s) (either market or geography specific) of the project, including managing relevant stakeholder engagement.
- Prepare project deliverables – in conjunction with others and the Market Dynamics project leads- for submission to donors and present work to external audiences.
- Contribute to business development activities through preparation of materials and support of strategic design of proposals.
- Contribute to regular strategic discussions for project implementation or for the broader Market Dynamics program.