Candidates may be based in one of the following offices and work authorization is required: Kenya, Nairobi; Malawi, Lilongwe; Senegal, Dakar; Switzerland, Geneva; US-DC, San Francisco, Seattle
This position is funded through May, 2022, and is likely to be extended.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties. PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Medical Device Portfolio within the Market Dynamics Program is growing its work increasing safe access to oxygen therapy and expand work to a broader set of priority medical devices. We are recruiting for an associate who is seeking to grow their career while making a difference in people’s lives. Specifically, the associate will work with Market Dynamics team members and other programs within PATH to tackle challenging global health issues through defining problems, conducting analyses using data analytics and quantitative methods, and applying findings to address market failures that restrict access to life-saving products and interventions.
A successful Market Dynamics Associate will bring expertise in the following areas, with the potential for on-the-job learning in additional facets of market dynamics.
Data analytics and quantitative methods for decision making, data modeling and market analytics (60-70% of role)
- Identify, collect, clean and analysis primary and secondary data sets. Create descriptive analyses and create data visualizations to foster their interpretation for country or global stakeholder presentations. Co-present findings to internal or external audiences.
- Develop or contribute to predictive and prescriptive modeling efforts, applying advanced quantitative methods using appropriate software tools. Collate findings and create easily accessible visualizations to convince stakeholders.
- Develop or support supply chain network design, inventory, or capacity optimization work streams.
- Develop or support machine learning and predictive analytics efforts to increase access to health care in low-and-middle-income country settings.
- Develop or support database design and management for supply chain and market analysis.
- Develop and use a range of standardized tools, frameworks, and modeling approaches and establish best practices for various types of analyses/models.
- Conduct and/or contribute to health impact and market size modeling.
Market research (30-40% of role)
- Analyze primary program data and secondary data sources, including cataloguing relevant external research and literature to generate insights and provide strategic direction.
- Collaborate with other PATH programs to develop primary qualitative and quantitative research on global health product offerings (vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, and in particular medical devices), and to identify price levels, policies, distribution models, manufacturing capabilities, and other supply-related questions.
- Diagnose market failures and develop market intervention strategies for target markets in global health to inform decisions of governments, donors, and other stakeholders. Contribute to reports or presentations to donors or stakeholders that are persuasive and compelling and supported by analytical thinking.
- Passionate about addressing health issues in low-resource settings with a demonstrated commitment to equity.
- Ability to derive strategic insights for country and global stakeholders from complex data analysis and primary research,
- Experience applying descriptive, predictive, and/or prescriptive analytics to solve quantitative problems with appropriate software tools (e.g. Python, R etc.),
- Strong capabilities in data visualization (e.g., Tableau) and presentation (e.g., PowerPoint).
- Experience in creatively combining various public and private data sets to develop compelling analyses and create recommendations for various, non-technical audiences.
- Proven effectiveness working in a team-based environment, but capable also of working independently and taking initiative.
- Versatile and responsive working virtually and collaboratively with teams across the world.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in fast-paced and high-pressure situations and deliver timely and quality outputs.
- Comfortable with working openly and transparently, sharing work-in-progress, failures, successes, and lessons-learned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous situations.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally approximately 5-10% of the time.