Market Development Consultant
Strategy and Insights
Indefinite Quantity Contract
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it’s global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
Partner with us!
The Strategy & Insights (S&I) Department champions insight-driven prioritization across PSI, ensuring we are “doing the right things” even as we work on “doing things right.” The department promotes best practice in program design, marketing discipline, research, learning, and strategy development. S&I works with other departments to systematically capture, synthesize, and share internal and external evidence, consumer and market insights, competitive market intelligence, and program experience to guide global, market level, and program level strategy. The S&I team is seeking consultants to support global and field teams in the design, development, and implementation of market development programs across PSI health areas (SRH, HIV, Malaria, sanitation, primary healthcare).
Sound like you? Read on.
Consultant tasks can include:
- Conducting or advising PSI country teams on conducting national health market landscape analysis, using PSI’s Keystone Design Framework, to identify market development constraints and opportunities to achieving sustainable, consumer-powered universal health coverage (UHC).
- Supporting the design and implementation of market development interventions.
- Executing targeted capacity building, including developing and delivering training courses for country programs on market development approaches (MDA), providing technical leadership for the development of internal communities of practice, and engaging directly with key market development staff.
- Providing technical review of market development proposals, processes, and strategies to strengthen foundational theories of change.
- Developing and facilitating market development workshops, including digital-enabled remote workshops with multidiscipline and cross-sector stakeholders.
- Guiding local teams in prototype development, testing, and scale of market development interventions.
- Supporting country teams in influencing and partnering with broad health system stakeholders.
- Conducting desk reviews on MDA, total market approaches, and health systems strengthening to identify trends and developments in the industry relevant to PSI’s work.
- Developing program reports, success stories, and other knowledge products related to MDA, including, as required, dissemination of key products.
What are we looking for?
- Master’s Degree (e.g., public health, health system strengthening, marketing, value chain analysis, political economy, systems analysis, competitive analysis)
- Health financing knowledge a plus
- Experience in public health program design and implementation
- International experience
- Experience conducting market landscape analysis
- Expert knowledge and experience applying market development approaches
- Experience developing theories of change
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong facilitation skills with multidisciplinary, international groups
- French, Portuguese, or Spanish language a plus.
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis through July 2021
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status