PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
One of PATH’s primary goals is the development and commercialization of health and medical products for use in low- and middle income countries (LMICs). The Diagnostics (Dx) Program at PATH aims to improve diagnosis in LMICs by catalyzing and de-risking R&D investments, developing and bringing to market innovative solutions, and working with cross-sectoral partners to enhance health care and diagnostic capabilities in LMICs. PATH’s goal in these collaborations is to achieve maximum sustainable public health benefit.
PATH is seeking a Market Access Officer to support the Dx Program in carrying out its mission of improving global health equity. The Market Access Officer will collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams to strategically execute on a subset of new innovative initiatives at PATH along with providing support across a diverse portfolio of projects.
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary team to develop initiative strategy.
- Serve as the lead product manager in delivery and execution of initiative strategy, involving close coordination with project management team, digital health team, public health team, and PATH in-country offices.
- Conduct primary and secondary research to understand user and market needs of digital health and diagnostic solutions.
- Translate user and market research into value proposition, business case, and commercialization strategies for relevant diagnostic products, digital health solutions, or health care delivery approaches.
- Execute commercial and market access strategy, including licensing and management of intellectual property, ensuring global access for underserved populations, ensuring product meets the health need of end users, and ensuring commercial sustainability for manufacturing partners.
- Liaise with public health team to develop clinical and non-clinical protocols to test and demonstrate performance and usability of developed solutions.
- Identify, build, and sustain strategic partnerships to support product adoption and access in low and middle income countries.
- Manage and execute partner due diligence to ensure alignment with project and program goals.
- Lead agreements process to formalize partnerships, including negotiations of key terms including global access, drafting term sheets, and collaborating with PATH legal to draft, iterate and execute final agreement.
- Contribute to team’s fundraising efforts through identification of funding opportunities and proposal development.
- Represent PATH and its product development partnerships at key conferences and global events.