In order to achieve CARE’s mission of defeating poverty and injustice worldwide, we believe that the power of all actors and institutions are needed in this fight. To this end, we are launching a CARE Consulting practice. CARE Consulting aims to bring to market CARE’s deep expertise in social, behavior and systems change to help corporate and government clients tackle complex problems in new ways. CARE Consulting is founded on the hypothesis that we can drive impact by partnering with large and influential corporate and government entities; working at the organizational level; and by seeking to develop the strategy and systems to enable transformational change.
CARE is seeking a Managing Partner for our newly added CARE Consulting division. This position is unique in that success requires an entrepreneurial spirit and energy, as it involves translating the expertise of a 70-year-old poverty-fighting organization that operates in over 96 countries into products and services to take to market with new tactics.
The successful candidate will have experience and expertise in management consulting, along with operational excellence and a passion for building systems and process that market CARE’s profound expertise in social behavior and systems changes to corporate and government partners with new campaigns. This position will work in partnership with an existing Managing Partner who brings a wealth of experience operating within CARE and with our corporate partners and will report to the Chief Innovation Officer.
- In partnership with CARE leadership, develop the overall strategy for the development of a consulting practice within CARE.
- Develop CARE’s unique value proposition, identify products and offerings from within CARE to reach new markets, launch and scale new product lines accordingly.
- Design, launch and manage the systems that enable an effective consulting practice to take off – from pricing, scoping, client engagement and management protocols and beyond.
- Support business development.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred;
- 3 to 5 years of management consulting with experience in driving change management and behavior change in large, complex institutions/companies;
- Expertise in Global Corporate Supply Chains – ideally in agriculture desired;
- Leading client engagements with large, complex institutions/companies;
- Lead role in developing and executing a strategy;
- Experience in purpose driven organizations (however defined);
- Advanced strategic thinking and presentation skills;
- Excellent communication skills, especially across cultures and industries;
- Advanced command of excel.