Built on years of experience successfully adopting market-based solutions to combat poverty, Care is bringing this work to the next level and launching CARE Enterprises, Inc. (CEI). CEI is a for-profit subsidiary of CARE USA focused on the creation of transformative, dignified economic opportunities for people experiencing poverty by investing in proven and scalable for-benefit enterprises. To take this work to scale, CEI is currently structuring its first fund of $50 million to in-crease capital for enterprises that have graduated from seed-stage and/or grants but need further investment for growth before they can access more traditional sources of capital. CEI will build an exemplary Fund in terms of transforming lives and scaling for-benefit, non-extractive enterprises globally.
We are currently seeking a driven, dynamic partner with a depth of experience to structure and promote such a fund, and a passion for working to sustainably raise individuals out of poverty. This individual will bring substantial finance and business expertise to the team and play a leading role in establishing CEI as a major impact investment resource. The new Managing Partner will contribute strategic thinking to create our impact methodology.
- Develop a fundraising campaign to secure a $50M fund. Fundraising is a critical priority.
- Contribute to the development of the fundraising strategy
- Help develop and cultivate a strong and diverse pipeline of potential investors and partners
- Lead on the closing of legal and financial agreements with potential limited partners on the fund
- Fund Design: Work with CEI’s partners, board of directors and CARE’s leadership to develop the financial and legal structure and planning processes for CEI’s Fund, including:
- Portfolio construction criteria in accordance with CEI’s mission
- Work with and select backend service providers when necessary
- Management of board committees and partnerships
- Liase with Bamboo, Board Member and CARE
- Portfolio management
- College degree (finance preferred)
- You have led or had a lead role in the structuring of an investment fund;
- You have experience in due diligence of early stage deals;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, effective in individual, small or large group settings;
- Ability to “Do Deals:” Someone with a history of initiating and of closing agreements with other parties where significant dollars and/or other value have been exchanged to both parties satisfaction;
- Experience in portfolio management and reporting