With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
The Mission CRM team manages a consistently refreshing database of EDF’s programmatic relationships. The Manager, Mission CRM will oversee the maintenance of this database, including managing several staff members and reviewing their work for accuracy.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Strategic Relationship Analytics, the Manager, Program CRM Operations (internally titled Manager, Mission CRM) uses administrative expertise, good judgment, and intelligence to keep the database up to date. The ideal candidate will be comfortable following established procedures as well as making multiple judgment calls per day. The candidate will also be responsible for training new system users with varying levels of enthusiasm and aptitudes. This is a newly created position designed to help the team grow and support more users within EDF.
We are seeking an individual who is detail oriented, entrepreneurial, curious, and emotionally intelligent. The successful candidate will be excited about growing a unique program and advancing EDF’s strategic goals.
This role can be based remotely or out of any U.S. EDF office location.
- Manage and support staff members on day-to-day data entry and maintenance tasks.
- Train staff from multiple Mission departments how to use Salesforce and how the tool can support them and their work.
- Enforce system rules and quality control procedures to ensure integrity of the data set.
- Monitor staff workload to ensure all information is processed within a week of submission.
- Conduct high level system maintenance tasks.
- Serve as a contact for database-related inquiries.
- Design and update reports and dashboards in Salesforce.
- Coordinate with other EDF departments such as IT and Development.
- Identify potential organization-wide trends or anomalies in the CRM system to proactively address challenges and opportunities in tracking and advancing EDF’s relationships.
- “Sell” the Salesforce database with both enthusiastic and unenthusiastic audiences.
- Participate in advancing EDF diversity, equity, and inclusion goals so that people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- 4 years of professional experience plus a bachelor’s degree, or 6 years of professional experience
- System Administrator Salesforce experience a plus, or other CRM software system experience
- Staff management experience
- Proven adeptness in oral and written communication
- Comfort working with staff at all levels
- Emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and to anticipate problems and follow through with confidence
- Experience managing projects
- Attention to detail, can-do attitude, and perseverance
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Experience in a large matrixed organization a plus.
- Commitment to Environmental Defense Fund’s mission of protecting public health and the environment.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.