Position Title: Manager of Entertainment and Influencer Marketing
Reports to: Director of External Relations
Location: Boston or remote
Employment Type: Full-time
Over three decades, Partners In Health (PIH) has built an excellent reputation as a global health leader. The Manager of Entertainment and Influencer Marketing, a new role, oversees efforts to leverage that reputation by collaborating with the entertainment industry and high-profile figures in popular culture. From within the Marketing and Communications Department, the Manager works with executives, celebrities, and their representatives to extend PIH brand messaging and responsibly showcase PIH’s unique mission, values, and value proposition.
- Create and execute an influencer program to extend and amplify PIH’s initiatives
- Liaise, identify, and coordinate with recognizable, widely known “ambassadors” that reflect PIH’s values, including current and prospective names
- Design and develop integrated marketing strategies across all channels to drive awareness of, and engagement with, PIH
- Oversee the development of strategies, proposals, and presentations
- Create and execute an entertainment program to extend and amplify PIH’s initiatives
- Pitch and develop new partnerships with film studios, TV networks, streaming services, and other such companies
- Brainstorm, evaluate, and implement creative, on-brand business arrangements
- Manage projects on schedule and in synch with digital and content campaigns
- Coordinate with a Public Relations (PR) firm
- Mentor and guide a PR coordinator
- Monitor and share successes, and areas for improvement, with stakeholders
- Undergraduate degree plus five years’ experience in a similar role
- Current and strategic understanding of the entertainment, talent, and media industries
- Experience collaborating and communicating with ambassadors, executives, and their representatives
- Experience navigating influencer marketing platforms
- A creative eye and artistic vision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentations
- Diplomacy, sound judgement, and professionalism
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional nights and weekends
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally on occasion, including international travel to remote or hard to access locations with limited infrastructure
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries
- Interest in social justice strongly desirable
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Kazakhstan, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.