Manager, IT Operations
Based in Washington, DC USA
Up to 0 % international travel
Reports to Director, IT Operations
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it’s global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
PSI seeks a Manager, IT Operations for our Washington, DC headquarters office. This position is responsible for supporting the experience of 300+ domestic employees and the IT infrastructure at the Washington, DC office. This person manages a 24X7 outsourced help desk & MSP and works closely with, and gets support from, the Global IT Operations team on a variety of issues. With operations in 50 countries, the DC HQ office is of paramount importance to piloting and implementing global systems and is a prime contributor to the overall global IT strategy. PSI is deeply embedded in the Microsoft 365 ecosystem and prioritizes using cloud-based systems and infrastructure. The Technical Support Manager is responsible for planning and managing the IT budget.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Provide technical support, account administration, and troubleshooting services for 300+ US domestic staff working remotely and in the office.
- Manage PSI’s laptop fleet including selection & procurement, preparation, software installation, troubleshooting and fixing. We use Windows 10, Endpoint Manager and Autopilot.
- We have a 24/7 outsourced help desk. You’re the employee who monitors their work and is the first internal point of escalation.
- Lead new employees through the IT onboarding process and contribute to continually helping employees effectively use IT products and services.
- Provide training and assistance for employees using Windows, Outlook, Office, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint and other M365 workloads.
- Maintain all IT equipment in the office. Keep things functioning and up to date. Make recommendations for improvements and budget appropriately for upgrades and replacements.
- Our network spans 6 floors and is comprised of HP switches and Aruba WiFi.
- Our server room hosts servers, storage, backup devices, firewalls, VPNs, switches, and cooling systems.
- Our employees are served by a handful of printers and multifunction devices. You’ll work with our Facilities group on their maintenance.
- We have 20 meeting rooms in sizes that support 4 – 300 people. Most are simple Teams meeting rooms. There are a few with more sophisticated equipment. You’ll own these rooms, provide internal support, and manage outside support when needed.
Budgeting, Procurement and Asset Management
- Craft and maintain the annual budget for equipment, licenses, and services.
- Work closely with the Global IT Department to plan HQ hosted equipment and services used by our global staff.
- Cooperate with the Procurement Department to procure new services and equipment
- Manage support and contract renewals.
- Maintain a robust asset management system for audit, finance and donor reporting.
- Ensure compliance with all donor regulations
Contribute to Global IT Strategy
- Work with the Global IT department and the CIO on long-term IT strategy and planning
- Pilot and implement new products and services to assess appropriateness for global staff
- Communicate with and support Executive and Senior Leadership to support their work and garner support for global IT initiatives.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for an experienced IT manager who loves helping others accomplish their goals. While there is no question you’ll need strong technical skills, equally important are your ability to communicate clearly, curiosity, desire to learn new things, and a heavy dose of empathy.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years of related experience
- 5 years providing user support in Windows/Active Directory environment
- 5 years providing on prem server and network infrastructure
- 3 years managing help desk and/or team
- 3 years managing vendor relationships
- You’ve created and managed budgets
- You’ve led equipment selection and renewal projects
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position
What would get us excited?
- Experience with Microsoft 365 administration including
- Azure Active Directory
- Intune/Endpoint manager
- Microsoft Defender
- You’ve spent time focused on user adoption and are skilled with training and creating simple documentation.
- You’re comfortable using all or some of the Office 365 workloads
- Experience in multi-national/multi-cultural environment
- Government contracting experience
- You’re fluent in French
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call (202)785-0072.