Reporting to the Senior Director- Internal Audit and Global Assurance, the Manager Internal Audit will conduct audits of IRC international program locations and functions. The audits will be designed to identify risks to achieving the IRC’s strategic, operational, reporting and compliance objectives; assess the adequacy of internal controls to mitigate identified risks; access the effectiveness and efficiency of IRC operations; and recommend appropriate actions to reduce associated risks. The audits will focus on evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of global and local processes and controls.
The Manager Internal Audit will not only strive to provide the highest level of professional service but also maintain the highest ethical standards and due professional care in their work.
• Plan and conduct international program office and functional audits and special reviews.
• Manage work plans and supervise project staff as required.
• Draft audit findings that clearly describe the conditions, criteria, cause, and effect and recommendations to correct identified deficiencies and review with appropriate locations/function management.
• Prepare audit reports that include conclusions on the effectiveness of internal controls.
• Assist in monitoring management’s corrective action plan (CAPs) to correct identified deficiencies.
• Assist the Senior Director-Internal Audit and Global Assurance in continuously improving the audit process through new tools and techniques.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Director-Internal Audit and Global Assurance
Position directly supervises: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts
Internal: All levels of the IRC’s international program and headquarters’ departments
External: Suppliers, external auditors
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business related field.
Certificates or Licenses: CPA/CA, CIA, or CFE
• Minimum of 5 years of external or internal auditing experience
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
• Experience working in the Not-for-Profit or INGO sectors or grant supported organizations
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Project Management
• Data Analysis
• Communications – Written and Oral English
• COSO Internal Control Framework
• Risk Management Principles and Techniques
• Auditing Principles and Techniques
• Business Processes
• MS Office Word, Excel (Pivot Tables), PowerPoint, Access, and VISIO
Language Skills: Fluent in French (Written and Oral)
• Position will be based in any of our West Africa locations or at the Regional office in Nairobi, with a standard office work environment
• Travel up to 50% including travel to underdeveloped countries