This role is responsible for implementing the organization’s strategies to emerge as a recognized catalyst, network builder and facilitator of international trade across the OIC member countries assigned. This role will take the lead in implementing specific initiatives geared to promote ITFC position and relationship with existing and potential clients and partners across the member countries
- Supporting the Senior Manager, Integrated Trade Solutions with the enhancement of trade cooperation with public and private sector’ ITFC clients and partners across the OIC member countries through the implementation of specific Integrated Trade programs.
- Building in-depth understanding of the trade environment and strategic enablers as well as bottlenecks for effective trade within the OIC member countries assigned. Remaining up-to-date on the economic and socio-political developments impacting trade in these countries, as well as the strategic commodities and sectors which are critical from a trading perspective.
- Providing –in agreement with the Head of Trade Development – advisory services to assigned OIC member countries and relevant stakeholders on programs to support their economic development efforts.
- Promoting trade amongst OIC member countries through intra-trade cooperation by facilitating trading opportunities as well as promoting export opportunities in the member countries.
- Liaising with potential technical partners that can support the implementation of the Trade Development Initiatives and/or Programs;
- Preparing progress reports in the bilateral and multilateral program and initiatives, as well as required unit’s activities reports;
- Supporting and participating in conducting a thorough Need Analysis in order to identify the key enablers required to foster trade in the concerned OIC member countries, from an infrastructure, trade relations or sector/product development perspective.
- Implementing and managing bilateral and multilateral programs and initiatives in line with the ITFC strategy to offer Integrated Trade Solutions to address OIC member countries’ national economic needs and priorities.
- Exploring, in coordination with the Senior Manager Flagship Program, the possibilities of developing Integrated Trade Solutions under Flagship Programs.
- Developing and jointly implementing, with Trade Finance, sector-specific integrated trade programs in OIC member countries.
- Monitoring implementation for the initiatives being undertaken against the milestones established, addressing areas of concern, and initiating corrective action, where required, to drive successful completion.
- Fostering the knowledge transfer between OIC member countries through intra-trade cooperation with the purpose to establish reverse linkages.
- Supporting seminars and programs that promote economic integration of OIC member countries, developing training program content and conducting them.
- Supporting trade-related technical assistance (TRTA) programs to help OIC member countries to improve human and institutional capacity.
- Providing Trade Finance with all necessary information and training necessary to identify opportunities for trade cooperation and to promote trade programs.
- Coordinating with Trade Finance Country Managers on the implementation follow up of Integrated Trade Solutions.
- Continuously liaise with Trade Finance to assess the impact of the Integrated Trade Solution on ITFC Business in targeted countries.
- Coordinating in advance with Trade Finance to establish the final list of beneficiary countries of the following year.
Qualifications & Other Certifications:
- Bachelors Degree in international trade, International Business, economics, or development.
- Masters Degree is preferable.
- English is compulsory
- French and/or Arabic is preferable
Years of Experience:
- Minimum 4 years of experience