About the Opportunity
The Manager of Alliance Operations Integration serves as the primary business operations liaison for alliance operations related issues between Internews US and Internews EU, a European charity headquartered in London. Our ideal candidate for this role is a detail-oriented problem-solver, preferably in the nonprofit world, and excitement to collaborate and build bridges. This person’s background and experience will enable them to thrive in a diverse, global, and fast-paced environment.
Internews has Headquarters (HQ) office in Washington, DC, Arcata, California and London, UK. Our ideal candidate would be based in one of these locations, however Internews is able to accommodate remote first staff as long as you are willing to accommodate the various time zones that this position will support. Right now, all Internews HQ offices are closed due to the COVID–19 pandemic, and Internews staff are working remotely until at least 1 July 2021.
Our Commitment to Fostering a Culture of Belonging
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents, and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socio-economic backgrounds. We are EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
Your day-to-day responsibilities under this position may include:
- Primary business operations liaison to Internews Europe on Strategic Alliance and Operational/Programmatic Integration improvements;
- Manages the coordination of the inter-alliance structural and organizational agreements;
- Investigate intercompany operational issues and project differences and negotiate innovative solutions;
- Acts as subject matter expert in alliance issues, including alliance accounting, agreements, and budgets;
- Resolve intercompany project differences escalating to senior management as needed;
- Supports centralized organizational push to improve alliance operations, managing and supporting department heads and key stakeholders;
- Coordinate with Grants and Contracts Office on requests for obligations or other modifications to awards with European funding;
- Work closely with IUS Business Administration departments to align operational policies and procedures between the two organizations as much as possible;
- Approve budgets for programs that will be jointly implemented, i.e. Resource Sharing Agreements and other shared cost instruments for projects conducted with European funding;
- Act as signatory for all internal Alliance Agreements;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Monitor the status of various intercompany tasks and ensure they are resolved in a timely manner;
- Preparation of accounting entries and reports; including the reconciliation of intercompany billing;
- Monitor budget to actuals to identify and resolve issues proactively;
- Research financial and operational divergence, including national financial requirements and funder regulations;
Qualifications We’re Looking For:
- University degree required, preferably in a related field such as international affairs; accounting; or finance
- Proven experience working in operations and/or finance, preferably for a US NGO
- Experience with program and project integration is a plus
- Superior analytical, organizational and writing ability
- Excellent communication skills; diplomatic in communications with high-level executives, management team, and staff at all levels
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with sound judgment, tact and discretion
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to build strong working relationships across levels
- Ability to travel internationally up to six times a year
- Exceptional multi-tasking and follow-through skills
- Experience preparing expense reports and tracking budgets
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments; project management skills and experience a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills and experience with scheduling programs, email and internet
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.