Job Title: Manager, Special Projects
Reports to: Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Location: Boston, MA (remote)
Employee Type: Full Time, Temporary, 12-month contract
PIH is seeking a Special Projects Manager to organize, lead, and implement a range of projects and initiatives prioritized and identified by the FP&A Director and the Chief Financial Officer. The Manager will work in collaboration with global financial leadership to promote efficiency, effectiveness, and to mitigate risk. In alignment with Global Finance Priorities & Goals, this position will have key responsibilities contributing to two objectives: (1.) Strengthen the global finance team’s ability to use and disseminate data to inform decision making; (2.) Contribute to the development of multi-year planning capabilities.
- Direct and support implementation of special projects as prioritized and identified by the FP&A Director and the CFO;
- Synthesize and clearly communicate proposed impact for identified special projects, ensuring buy-in and support from key stakeholders;
- Work directly with global financial leadership and global finance team members to gather feedback, input, and data to inform project success;
- Evaluate project progress and results and report them to leadership, ensuring that changes to scope and deliverables are communicated in a timely way;
- Provide financial budget management and oversight for $10M, one-year, COVID-response related grant.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in finance from an accredited college or university
- 5-8 years progressively responsible finance experience including project management
- Proven ability to learn new systems, processes, and problem solve
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills; preferably experience with Serenic (MS Dynamics NAV), MS Office 365 Suite
- Demonstrated ability to work across a range of cultures, personalities, and competencies
- Experience at a global non-profit & interest in social justice and the cause of global health equity preferred
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Kazakhstan, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.