With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
The Manager, Finance Applications is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day business and technical support of the various systems utilized by the Finance department, including but not limited to Administrator for NetSuite ERP, and NetSuite Planning and Budeting. This position will be responsible for maintaining the business process of the Finance department while advising on the potential impact to all other systems. The Manager, Finance Applications reports to the Director, Finance Applications of EDF.
- Technical support and administration of NetSuite, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, and General Ledger.
- Support and administration of NetSuite ERP, and NetSuite Planning and Budgeting system
- Train users on NetSuite ERP, and NetSuite Planning and Budeting systems
- Design, create and manage automated reports and dashboards in NetSuite Planning and Budgeting system and SAP Concur
- Manage monthly financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting procedures in NetSuite Planning and Budgeting system
- Work with key users to configure applications optimally
- Worked closely with business users to create reports/dashboards using Tableau desktop
- Designed and Developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop
- Maintain user access and security levels for all finance related systems
- Respond to inquiries from the CFO, Controller, Director, Finance Applications, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding special reporting requests and the like
- Interact with IT and application development for security protocols and governance
- Ad-hoc projects as needed
- 1-3 years of experience using NetSuite ERP and NetSuite Planning and Budgeting system or another related CPM/ERP system
- SAP Concur and Tableau systems knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of general accounting responsibilities and processes
- At least six years of experience; Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field; advanced degree preferred; Non-profit experience a plus
- Ability to solve complex technical issues and work independently, handling and prioritizing multiple time-sensitive projects with a firm commitment to meeting deadlines
- Takes initiative actively engaging with all levels of staff and across all programs/departments
- Exceptional analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience with building strategic business relationships with clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders utilizing articulate communication and interpersonal skills
- An unquestioned track record demonstrating sound judgment, integrity and ethics. An individual with strong character who will quickly gain the trust of others
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.