Reporting to the Director of Philanthropic Engagement, the Mid-Level Development Officer will be a key member of the External Relations and Engagement team. The focus of this position is to develop and manage a portfolio of leadership-level-giving donors by initiating, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding relationships with individuals, couples, and families who partner financially with Lutheran World Relief and other Corus International brands.
- Cultivates donor relationships by updating, stewarding, and asking donors to deepen their financial partnership with Lutheran World Relief and other Corus International brands. Manages a portfolio of 400 600 donors.
- Solicits and closes gifts from leadership level giving donors.
- Executes strategies, through phone, email, and mail communication, to achieve primary goals including number of qualifications, portfolio growth and attaining revenue targets.
- Provides upgrade opportunities to donors utilizing the monthly giving program.
- Updates the database with call notes and new information about donors.
- Researches, identifies, and promotes hand-off of high capacity donors to the appropriate Donor Advisor.
- Learns about Corus International programs and projects and effectively communicates the mission to donors.
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or relevant experience
- Minimum five years (5) of experience in a related field
- Conducts oneself in a professional, friendly and truthful manner to donors.
- Communicates at an advanced level, oral and written
- Strong phone skills warm tone, good speaking cadence, clear and articulate speech
- Demonstrates a strong donor service attitude
- Participates as a team player
- Demonstrates strong relational skills
- Uses interpersonal skills demonstrating tact, patience, and courtesy
- Highly proficient in using donor databases
- Proficient in social media and digital tools to be utilized in relationship development
- Exhibits strong time management skills and completes tasks on time
- Handle tasks independently and is a self-starter
- Meets with Director on a weekly basis for accountability and to discuss strategy and moves.
- May be required to occasionally work extended workdays, evenings or weekends.
Corus International is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, Corus makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify Corus’s Human Resources department.