To oversee the strategic planning, development and implementation of the Communities Outreach Programmes (development and relief operations) and analysis and assessment on socio-economic situations of Muslim minority communities in IsDB nonmember countries in line with IsDB’s vision, strategies, policies and regulations, and the establishment of global network of representatives/ambassadors in IsDB non-member countries; to ensure the achievement of the Division’s KPIs and to streamline the communities outreach’s strategy into operational decisions; and promote innovations in resource mobilization, allocation, operational procedures, and partnership building with communities/NGOs and other key stakeholders.
A. Strategy Development and Planning
- Oversee the organisation of Regional workshops for Communities/NGOs and the development of global network of ambassadors/representatives to exchange ideas on, understand key socio-economic issues and strategic priorities for Muslim communities in IsDB non-member countries and to advance their development status as well as help accelerate progress towards the SDGs targets.
- Streamlines the Community Outreach’s international strategy into long-range interventions and prepares the Communities Outreach Division’s 5-year strategic plan and annual work plans and manages the Division budget as per the KPIs and annual work plan.
- Identifies strategic entry points into the operations and partners at the country, regional and international levels to exchange knowledge and ideas, and works on Muslim communities’ empowerment issues in IsDB non-member countries.
B. Operational Responsibilities
- Supervises, monitors, and evaluates the Communities Outreach Division’s ongoing performance and quality of its services, outputs and outcomes, identifying and initiating actions for improvement and innovation in budget allocation, results framework, quality assurance, operational procedures, and partnership building.
- Oversee the complete project life cycle in IsDB non-member countries, and help in resolve any issues and problems at early stages.
- Ensures the collaboration with other relevant departments and units on themes like Islamic Finance to implement the Communities Outreach’s intentional strategy and action plans, undertake compliance measures, and monitor progress and report regularly to Management.
- Ensure regular reporting and communication on the Communities Outreach Division’s Results.
- Leads and/or participates in ground-breaking or precedent setting missions and plays key role in developing innovative practical approaches to operational issues at regional, country or sector levels.
- Collaborate with the concerned units in IsDB Group to mobilize funds and build partnerships to scale up the development initiatives for Muslim communities in IsDB Non-Member Countries.
- Build and the enhance relationships management with key stakeholders and partners in the IsDB non MCS,
C. Leadership Responsibilities
- Facilitates and organizes crosscutting operational teams, international experts, etc to debate and exchange ideas on key human development issues and strategic priorities for Muslim communities in IsDB non-member countries.
- Monitor and assess emerging human development challenges and trends in IsDB non-member countries, disseminate the findings to concerned internal and external parties in the context of specific issues of relevance to the Division and provide advice on timely and distinctive IsDB response.
- Provides regular management progress reports with analysis and comments on Division’s performance and development results and oversees preparation or produces a range of key policy papers, regional studies, operational reports, etc.
- Provides clear direction, prioritizes tasks, assigns/delegates responsibility and monitors the work performance of the Division’s staff.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION & EXPERIENCE::
Academic and professional qualifications:
- Master’s degree in in Economics, Development Studies, Business Studies, Engineering, International Relations, or any related fields.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in managing strategic planning, implementation, development practice, preferably in multilateral organizations, of which 5 years in the managerial/supervisory level.
- Solid Background in strategic planning and portfolio/project management.
Skills & Necessary Knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge of development financing and relief work
- Vast experience in building partnerships and resource mobilization.
- Communication and Presentation Skills
- Analytical thinking
- Problem Solving
- Building Relationships.
- Passion for Excellence.
- Portfolio & Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- People Management Skills
- English : Required
- Arabic: Preferred
- French: Preferred