The Communications and Media Managerans, develops, and leads innovative media and external affairs strategies to advance GERC’s mission and drive engagement with policymakers, the public, influencers and media. The Communications Manager leads GERC’s communications, working closely with Member NGO experts and leadership while coordinating with other teams across the GERC.
The Communication and Media Manager supports the Managing Director in designing and executing campaigns in the aftermath of natural and human-made disasters. S/he will advance profile-raising, advocacy and fundraising goals and elevate the GERC’s reputation in the media.
- Coordinate GERC Communications Team
- Developing Communications Strategy
- Developing and Executing Social Media Strategy
- Production of Communications Materials
- Strategic Engagement and Public Outreach Assistance
- BA/S or equivalent in related field – journalism, public policy, international affairs – required
- 7 years of professional experience or equivalent combination of intern and school experience in media relations or journalism required.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a geographically dispersed team.
- Established track record of generating positive media coverage in U.S. national and international outlets.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills a must; ability to “translate” technical language into compelling stories needed;
- Knowledge of print, web, graphics and email dissemination;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative;
- Willingness to learn and collaborate with others, strong team player, experience working in matrixed teams preferred;
- Commitment to capacity building required.