The Manager of Benefits, Compensation and HRIS will be responsible for managing the organization’s benefits programs, the quality control and administration of HR data systems and management for Headquarters, Expatriates and Third Country National (TCN) employees, and salary administration. The Manager will play a key role in the organization’s benefits and compensation strategies designed to attract, motivate and retain the employee talent essential to supporting organization’s mission as well as market competitiveness, internal equity, and compliance with organizational policy and funder regulations.
The candidate must possess a high degree of customer service skills and detail-orientation with strong analytical skills. This position reports to the Senior Director of Human Resources Operations
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administers in an international environment, the employee benefit program including health, life, AD&D, disability, workers compensation, retirement plans: 403(b) and 457(b), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), transit benefits, FMLA, COBRA and other ancillary benefits;
- Verifies calculations, reconciles invoices, and ensures prompt, accurate payment to vendors for health and welfare benefits to include resolving administrative problems with the carrier representatives and staff;
- Administers open enrollment process including HRIS self-service design and testing, open enrollment communications and training, and audit of open enrollment data;
- Prepares and provides benefits orientation materials for new employees;
- Supervises insurance claims processing and resolves coverage questions and problems;
- Acts as liaison with carriers and partners with brokers and vendors to analyze utilization and claims data and identify trends/issues;
- Recommends process improvements and/or plan design changes;
- Ensures plan documents are current and accurate for each plan and filed/communicated appropriately throughout the year;
- Keeps abreast of insurance provider coverage and donor insurance requirements;
- Monitors all benefit programs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local compliance;
- Assists in the exit process of employees to include calculating final benefits.
- Makes recommendations regarding salary grades or market rates for specific jobs;
- Ensures timely processing of salary data and changes;
- Ensures compensation programs are consistently administered across the organization and comply with funder and/or government regulations;
- Assists with analyses of compensation and benefit programs in order to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance of the organization’s compensation and benefit practices;
- Assists in the design, analysis and administration of compensation programs for US and International assigned staff;
- Participates in salary surveys to obtain competitive market information in order to maintain internally equitable and externally competitive pay practices;
- Designs and generates HR reports as requested.
- Computes salary changes, prepares payroll changes and updates HRIS database to reflect changes;
- Provides quality control of all HR systems (HRIS, change notices/forms, data tracking, system audits, etc.);
- Works closely with HR Team, Accounting/Payroll, IT staff, and ADP to ensure that systems are effectively meeting the needs of the HR team and organization;
- Provides end users with standard and ad-hoc reports;
- Shares functional expertise and best practices with internal clients, peers, and others across the organization as appropriate.
- Coordinates with HR Team on systems and process flow improvements;
- Assists in preparing and/or processing employment agreements and allowances;
- Updates employee files as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
This role reports to Senior Director, Human Resources Operations
This role has 0 direct reports
Bachelor’s degree required with a concentration in human resources management a plus.
- Minimum 5-7 years combined HR and benefits management experience;
- Experience with HRIS systems (ADP Workforce Now preferred);
- Experience working for international organization highly desired;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of pertinent federal, state and local regulations;
- Strong knowledge of filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefit programs, including COBRA, ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, IRS codes, etc.;
- Possess strong interpersonal, conceptual, analytical, and project management skills;
- Possess high level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, vendors and the public;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with internal and external clients to include the ability to present information and respond to questions;
- Excellent data management skills with demonstrated high-level data analysis and reporting skills;
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, contracts, and financial reports;
- Ability to apply discretion and maintain confidentiality;
- Advanced competencies in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities for the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All positions are required to perform any additional tasks assigned by the supervisor. Global positions that are bound by contracts will not be changed without notice and approval.
Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
Hybrid work schedule, may have to work in the office as necessary for meetings and filing requirements. Travel is not anticipated, but may require travel to the Baltimore, MD office.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Zero Tolerance to Abuse
As a member of the Corus Family, each employee is expected to:
- Help to develop and maintain an environment that welcome and develop a diverse workforce.
- Foster a work environment where everyone feels valued and included.
- Support employees’ evaluation and promotion processes based on skills and performance.
- Promote a safe, secure, and respectful environment for all members of Corus family, stakeholders in general, and particularly for the communities we serve.
- Follow Corus Code of Conduct helping to prevent any type of abuse including workplace harassment, sexual abuse and exploitation, and trafficking in persons.
- Adhere to the Organizational Core Values
If you have any questions about our open positions, reach out to TalentAcquisition@CorusInternational.org
Corus International prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by U.S. or International law.