The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which CFF stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
The Manager, Application Development, will lead the implementation and maintenance of business applications, including component and data architecture, design, planning, and testing. This position is responsible for the planning, establishment, and compliance of operations and controls that ensure applications meet business goals and requirements.
The Manager, Application Developer, is the process owner between the business stakeholders and the AD team. They lead and work closely with the application development team to maximize business value while driving the appropriate processes to achieve team effectiveness and efficiency. This position will act as a servant leader for the Application Development team and 1st line of support in relentlessly ensuring and supporting the flow of work for the application development team. This position is responsible for the work of others, resource allocations, and decision-making affecting the success of the AD team (i.e., results, deadlines, and budget).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides consultation, training, and subject matter expertise for applications development, maintenance, and support.
- Collaborates with business application owners to ensure application IT control objectives are appropriately evidenced as required by IT governance policies.
- Acts as a buffer between the team and process overhead so each team member can focus on the timely delivery of project/sprint goals.
- Assists with requirements gathering, documentation, and the creation of business and technical solutions.
- Shields the team from interruptions and removes obstacles that may impact the completion of application development tasks.
- Keeps stakeholders and other interested parties well-informed of team progress, activities, and accomplishments.
- Develops, implements, and maintains an IT application roadmap.
- Ensures team complies with standard Change Management processes.
- Works proactively and collaboratively with IT Director to ensure adequate staffing, funding, and resources are in place to complete application development work backlogs.
- Works with business stakeholders to identify and remove impediments.
- Manages the change management release process by coordinating with developers, stakeholders, and project managers to ensure a smooth process.
- Conducts sprint daily stand-up meetings, planning, demos, and retrospectives.
- Provides updates and reports of project priorities and performance to business stakeholders across the organization.
- Monitors team health using periodic checks to maintain and/or increase team performance.
- Works with business application owners and other IT staff to properly manage work backlog refinement and sprint allocation.
- Promotes software development best practices to the application development team.
- Develops and fosters trusted relationships IT customers and stakeholders.
- Influences and motivates leaders throughout the organization to adopt a continuous improvement mindset focused on client needs and expectations.
- Trains, motivates, and coaches application development staff to realize their full potential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years working on an IT application development team with broad knowledge of IT applications, concepts, and methodologies.
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership/management/supervisory experience.
- 2+ years of experience leveraging IT Agile methodologies.
- Professional Scrum Master level I certification.
- Strong leadership, motivational, and influencing skills.
- Strong consultation and negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of internal client management and success in cultivating relationships through collaboration, negotiation, and influence.
- Ability to lead multiple concurrent projects.
- Solid writing skills and ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- In-depth analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge to integrate data within internal and external services.
- Ability to assist business stakeholders with selection, implementation, and integration of enterprise applications.
- Understanding of HIPAA and relevant FDA regulations ensuring compliance and implementation throughout job duties.
- Understanding of QA and UAT processes in advising internal customers with outside vendors.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to gather information and grasp complex technical and financial issues.
- Understanding of general business, health care, and health coverage issues.
- Reports to the Senior Director, Application Development.
- Direct reports include a SharePoint Developer, CRM Application Developers, and occasional contractors.
- Basic office environment, primary functions are computer-based.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Adhere to business dress code.
- Professional, polite, and courteous.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
- Ability to work as part of a team committed to delivering exceptional customer service.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is committed to offering competitive compensation (base pay and incentive), benefits, and professional development opportunities that maximize our ability to recruit, retain, reward, and motivate a highly-qualified and diverse workforce. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous time-off and leave policies; a holistic well-being program; health savings and flexible spending accounts; employer-provided life and disability insurance; retirement savings benefits; and a variety of work-life benefits to support employees and their family members.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.