- Ensure that vehicles are used and maintained according to Logistics Handbook and other NRC policies
- Plan, schedule and monitor transport of staff and material/equipment according to demands and procedures
- Ensure that NRC generators in the field office are maintained on a regular basis and prepare requisitions for spare parts for vehicles & Generators
- Responsible for the receipt, storage and dispatch of all assets from the Gwoza/Pulka Office ensuring that proper documentation is maintained for same.
- Ensure that assets are tagged and all asset movement is tracked in the Asset Register
- Assist the Logistics Officer with Physical Asset count, preparing of Logistics and documents as may be required.
- Be responsible for the procurements within the location
- Ensure all drivers adhere to NRC logistics and drivers’ procedures
- Compile and submit monthly vehicle utilization and carpool reports
- Secure that NRC vehicles are equipped with necessary documents and equipment
- Ensure that all vehicle records and reports including logbooks, accident report etc are filled appropriately.
- Keep a log of the generators and ensure that fuel consumption is monitored and recorded appropriately
- University degree in a related field
- Knowledge of the local market
- Knowledge of local language (Hausa)
- Previous (1yr) experience working in a Logistics department (preferably NGO)
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications)
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- Social science
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: ASAP/September 2019
- Duration: 4 months(One-year renewal)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions. Grade level 4, Step 1
- Duty station: Gwoza/Pulka, with occasional travels. Travel outside Gwoza/Pulka is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected