Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC has been operating in Iraq since 2010, to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by ongoing conflict in the region. NRC has a country office in Erbil, KR-I, and area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Kirkuk and Nineveh.
NRC’s national program strategy for 2018 will facilitate a shift from emergency response tools towards longer term initiatives, while maintaining the effective delivery of robust emergency response. In 2018, NRC Iraq will maintain a sectoral focus on education, Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and livelihoods interventions, complemented by post-emergency WASH and shelter interventions with a two pronged approach within CCCM: both in-camp, and in urban and peri-urban areas. Cash-based and innovative programming will be at the centre of NRC Iraq’s efforts. NRC will prioritize assistance to those who have been left outside of social assistance schemes and recovery and reconstruction efforts, which will have prevented them from seeking durable solutions.
In 2018, NRC’s target population will be new underserved communities and locations, with a focus on IDPs returning to destroyed and disrupted communities unable to reintegrate due to insecurity. NRC will also prioritise serving vulnerable IDPs unable to return for reasons outside of their control, and responding to short-term displacement as a result of localized conflict and asymmetric attacks.
The purpose of the logistics officer position is planning, organizing, and coordination of the logistics and procurement duties, functions and responsibilities to ensure efficient and effective delivery of goods and services in support of programme implementation in NRC Nineveh, Iraq. Logistics officer will be reporting to Logistics Coordinator. The position will be based in Sinjar, Nineveh.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
A University graduate with (2) two years work experience as logistics officer in humanitarian/recovery context. Ideally the candidate should be able to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. S/he should be able to meet deadlines. Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic are must. Geographical area knowledge is an asset.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage procurement, fleet, warehouse, assets functions in Sinjar office as per NRC procedures and local SOPs
- Ensures the setup and smooth functioning of all offices and guest houses in Sinjar
- Assist in the management of ICT and Administration functions
- Ensure smooth management of transport between Sinjar and Mosul, and in the areas of activities of NRC around Sinjar.
- Participate in all office meetings and external meetings as required
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Coordinate and maintain a supervisory role for the Logistics staff, including performance monitoring and appraisals.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Local market knowledge
- Professional knowledge of negotiations with suppliers
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
The post will be for (7) seven-months contract duration with possibility of extension- subject to funds and satisfactory performance.
Salary: 5/1 according to NRC-Iraq’s salary scale.
Benefits: Health insurance.
Duty Station: Sinjar, Nineveh Area Office.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information, please find attached the job description.